Term Life Insurance Discounts
How to Find Discount Term Life Insurance
Protecting your family with life insurance can be very affordable, particularly with term life policies. If you are looking for discount term life insurance, you might not have any idea where to start. When you want or need to save money, knowing where to look can make your search much easier.
One of the easiest ways to find low cost term life insurance is to contact a local independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network who specializes in life insurance. These agents partner with several life insurance companies, which means they can help you find the right plan for your needs at the right price. Contact a local agent today and find the right coverage for you.
Key Reasons to Buy Term Life Insurance
- To cover end of life and funeral expenses
- As income replacement to support your family if you are the primary income earner in your household
- To cover anticipated expenses such as your kids' college tuition if you should pass away unexpectedly
In Search of Affordable Term Life Insurance
Of all the different types of life insurance available, term life insurance is the most affordable. Even though term life is typically inexpensive, you still don’t want to buy the first policy you find. Every life insurance company is different, and the amount you would pay in premiums, even for two similar term policies from two highly rated companies, can differ significantly. It pays to work with a professional who can help to compare rates and find the right policy for your budget.
Term life insurance has never been as affordable as it is today. For the past 15 years, life insurance companies have been steadily lowering the premium rates they charge for term life insurance. The premium costs for term life policies have decreased as much as 50 percent overall. You just want to make sure you don’t settle for a plan that won’t meet the real needs of your family.
A member agent in the Trusted Choice network can do all of the comparison shopping for you, and help you compare several affordable term life insurance quotes.
Considerations when Looking for Discount Term Life Insurance
There are several things you need to watch out for when looking for discount term life insurance. Here are some vital tips to keep in mind when selecting the policy and the life insurance company you work with.
- Be wary of life insurance deals that sound too good to be true. Unfortunately, as in most commercial arenas, life insurance has its share of scammers too. Elderly people can be particularly vulnerable to life insurance deals that are not what they seem. Be sure to fully check out the reputation of any life insurance company you work with.
- The price alone should not be your only reason for choosing a particular discount term life insurance rate, especially if you plan to renew the policy later on. Even though “Company A” has slightly lower rates than “Company B,” Company A might have much more expensive premium costs to renew the policy when it expires.
- Each insurance company has it own rating system and underwriting policies. In addition to using your age and the state of your health to determine your rates, another major factor some life insurance companies will use to determine your level of risk is your family history. You may be in excellent health now, but if you have a family history of heart disease or breast cancer, it may affect your life insurance rates.
- You should also give careful thought to the amount of coverage. It’s not enough to simply consider what you need today; you also need to consider what you might need many years from now. As your circumstances change, so do your needs.
- Ask what tools your insurance agent uses to find discount term life insurance. Anyone can find discount term life insurance quotes online, but a reputable agent will have the latest software such as Maishlish’s LifeGuide, which is a much more reliable means of finding the best discount term life insurance.
Even Low Cost Term Life Insurance Can Meet Your Needs
Your individual needs are what should determine the type of life insurance you buy. Even the lowest cost life insurance, such as a 10-year policy that is designed to cover only your end of life expenses, can be an extremely effective solution if that is your primary concern. If you want to cover your family’s ongoing living expenses, obviously you will pay more, but even then you can get affordable term life insurance that meets your needs.
How to Get Discount Term Life Insurance
There are a number of ways you can save money when buying discount term life insurance:
- Pay your premiums annually instead of monthly. This saves the insurance company on administrative overhead, and the insurance company will typically pass the savings back to you.
- Pay your premiums by electronic funds transfer. The funds don’t have to be processed like they do when you pay by check, so this can also potentially save on your premium.
- Only buy the amount you need. Be realistic when considering your family’s current needs and fully consider future expenses. Estimating real life long term expenses, rather than making an emotional purchase, can help you buy the the right amount of coverage.
- Buy your insurance when you are young. Life insurance becomes progressively more expensive as you age due to the greater likelihood of developing a medical condition.
- Be proactive about your health. If you want to lower your term life insurance costs, one of the best ways is to lose weight, quit smoking, and live a healthier lifestyle. Improving your blood pressure and cholesterol can result in reduced rates. Be sure to contact your agent or insurance company, once your health improves, and request discounts for your improved health status.
- Let an independent agent shop for the best prices for you. Independent agents can also look for discounts you may be eligible to receive. For example, there may be available discounts based on professional memberships.
- Ask about multi-policy discounts. Independent agents can help you find discounts on a number of policies by bundling them together. For example, your home, auto and boat policies can often be bundled together at a discount if you purchase them from one insurance company. With life insurance, certain bundled plans may be available too, such as life and disability.
One of the smartest steps you can take in your search for discount term life insurance is to talk to a local independent agent in the Trusted Choice network who specializes in life insurance. These agents have signed a pledge of performance, and are committed to putting the customer first and offering high integrity service. Turn to an agent for the advice you need to make an informed decision about the best term life insurance for your needs.
Contact an independent agent in the Trusted Choice network today to get started.
« End of box »