You may be thinking about collecting trailer insurance quotes to determine what coverage you really need for your trailer. Depending on the type of trailer you own, you may have invested significant resources when you bought it. It's a good idea to verify that your auto insurance will cover your trailer, and if not, a trailer insurance policy may be an excellent investment in your financial well-being.
You can get help evaluating the right coverage for your trailer, whether it is a horse trailer, boat trailer or utility trailer, by contacting an independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network. Your agent can help determine if your trailer needs specific coverage, and can get trailer insurance quotes for you. Contact a local member agent for personalized assistance today.
How to Find the Best Trailer Insurance Quotes
- Work directly with an agent who will get to know your needs
- Describe your trailer in terms of type, purchase cost and how you use it
- If you have auto coverage, determine whether your trailer is fully covered
- Do not choose policies with cheap premiums unless they provide adequate coverage
- Ask the agent to help you compare quotes from multiple carriers
Note that shopping for trailer insurance quotes online may not help you find adequate coverage for your specific boat trailer, horse trailer or motorcycle trailer. Only a professional who will take the time to fully understand your needs can ensure that your coverage is customized for you.
Information Agents Need for Accurate Trailer Insurance Quotes
An insurance agent can help you make the right decision if you supply the most accurate information about your trailer use. To help you compare trailer insurance quotes, your agent will need information such as the following:
- Purpose of the trailer (such as a boat, horse, utility or motorcycle trailer) and its replacement value
- Age, make, model, condition and dimensions of the trailer
- How often you use it
- Names of drivers you want included on the policy
- Whether you intend to lend it out
- Details on your trailer's safety features, such as anti-theft devices, which may help you save on your premium
- Whether you want personal effects, towed equipment, or other items included in the coverage
Considerations for Trailer Insurance Quotes
Be sure to review the specific coverage available in the trailer insurance policies you are evaluating. For example, do you want collision, theft, and liability coverage? Or have you decided you only want liability and comprehensive coverage instead? If the trailer becomes detached and causes damage to another person or their property, will your policy cover those damages?
Ask your agent for help comparing limits, deductibles and coverage. A Trusted Choice member agent can help you compare trailer insurance quotes for multiple policies and will make sure you have the right policy for your needs. Contact an agent in your area today for personalized assistance.