Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp Review
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp at a Glance
- Founded in 2008
- Formerly known as Prepared Insurance Company
- Coverage available in five states
- Offers coverage for individuals
- Rated "A+" by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Not rated by AM Best
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp pros: Offers a few types of coverage. High rating through the BBB. 24/7 claims reporting.
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp cons: Coverage not available nationwide. No rating by AM Best. Mixed customer feedback.
What Type of Insurance Does Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp Offer?
Here's an overview of the products offered by Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp.
- Homeowners insurance
- Condo insurance
- Renters insurance
- Flood insurance
- Homeowners equipment breakdown insurance
Your independent insurance agent can help you find more information about the coverages offered by Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp, and help you decide if this insurance company is right for you.
What to Know about Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp
Founded in 2008, Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp was formerly known as Prepared Insurance. The carrier is a privately held company headquartered in Louisiana. However, the insurance company is also licensed to sell coverage in Texas, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
The carrier's LinkedIn network shows a total of 73 employees. Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp offers a handful of coverage options for individuals, including home insurance, renters insurance, and condo insurance. It also offers flood coverage in certain areas.
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp is not rated by AM Best, the leading global credit organization monitoring the insurance industry, but it does have an "A" or "exceptional" rating by Demotech. The insurance company is also highly rated by the BBB.
Find The Right Company Today.
Shopping for a company? We have the right one for you.
What Discounts Does Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp Offer?
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp does not make information about their specific discounts readily available. However, an independent insurance agent can help find these details for you. When it comes to coverage, independent insurance agents work hard to find you the lowest rates.
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp Customer Service
Here's an overview of Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp's customer service options and availability.
- Phone contact option
- Fax contact option
- Snail mail contact option
- Online claims reporting
- 24/7 phone claims reporting
- Email contact option
- Phone department hours not specified
To ensure a great customer service experience, work together with an independent insurance agent. Independent insurance agents can help handle claims and other matters for you, so you can relax and enjoy your coverage.
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp FAQ
What is Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp's average claim response time frame?
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp takes claims via phone or online 24/7, so someone can assist customers right away.
What is Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp's customer service availability?
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp allows customers to contact them through several mediums. However, their phone department does not specify hours to contact their customer service reps.
What is Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp's claims process?
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp's claims process is outlined on their website as follows.
- Call us first 888.544.4885. Our claims line is available 24/7 to serve you and to provide emergency assistance. On your initial call, we will get your contact information and assign your insurance claim a number. Write it down and save it for reference. Call us at any point, even after your claim has been paid, to speak with a specialist.
- Your insurance claim will be assigned to a field adjuster who will contact you to schedule a property inspection. In the meantime, take pictures and start a list of all your damaged items being as detailed as possible. The more documentation of your damage you can provide, the more efficiently we can settle your claim.
- Take all reasonable measures to protect your home from further damage. Don’t wait for an adjuster to inspect your home. If the damage is covered under your policy, we will include the cost to protect your property in our total calculation. So save all your receipts if you must perform temporary repairs or find temporary living arrangements
- Document all damage, no matter how minor, with photos. Provide all photos, receipts, and the detailed list of damaged items to your field adjuster when you meet on-site. When the adjuster inspects your property, he/she will also take pictures, survey the damage and may take your statement in order to determine what needs to be repaired or replaced. The field adjuster will then prepare a report estimating your covered damages, including to your home, personal property, and unattached structures.
- This report will be submitted to an insurance claims examiner for review. The examiner will also review the specific terms and conditions of your policy. The examiner or adjuster may contact you for additional information, or we may need to consult with independent experts (engineers, architects, etc.) to fully assess the value of your claim.
- If the examiner determines your damage is covered, payment will be released to you. If we determine any part of your damage is not covered, we will inform you of our decision and of the applicable policy terms and conditions upon which we are basing our decision. Avoid contractor fraud or door-to-door contractors. Never sign anything unless you’re 100% sure. Discuss with your Claim Examiner before signing any contracts.
- If more damage is found during the repair process, which were not identified during the field adjuster’s inspection, call your adjuster immediately. He/she may need to schedule a follow-up inspection to determine if a supplemental estimate is needed."
Does Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp create a user-friendly experience for customers?
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp's website is easy to navigate and well laid out. It's easy to find the information you're looking for. The carrier is also available on social media, making for an overall well done user-friendly experience.
Does Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp have good condo insurance?
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp's condo insurance policies offer these optional coverages in addition to standard coverages.
Condo Policy Enhancements include the following
- Animal liability
- Golf cart physical damage and liability
- Loss assessment
- Unit owner rental to others
- Scheduled personal property
- Personal property replacement cost
- Water backup and sump overflow
- Personal injury protection
- Special personal property
- Home computer
- Ordinance or law
An independent insurance agent can help you determine if Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp's condo insurance is a good match for you.
Is Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp a good insurance company?
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp is highly rated by Demotech and the BBB. However, they're not rated by AM Best and have had more than a dozen complaints filed against them through the BBB in the last three years. Customer feedback is mixed. So, it's difficult to rule for sure if Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp is a good insurance company at this time.
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp Customer Reviews
|Was victimized by Hurricane Florence, and this company has been a nightmare to work with! My roof needs replacing from damage, and they only want to fix half of it! Contractors and HOA stating the whole roof needs replacing!!! Adjuster was an idiot, and roofer they sent here was inexperienced! Stuck with damages at my property! Neighbors have had their roofs replaced with less damage than I had! They had Farm Bureau Insurance!|
|I have had no problems with this company. I feel the coverage has been effective and affordable for my home.|
|The best insurance prices, deductibles, customer and quality assurance, and consistent billing and good website.|
|This is a great smaller company. They always help me when I need my claims followed up on and their rates are top notch.|
|I reported a claim over a month ago and its still not resolved. I used to be a claim adjuster and the type of claim I have is very straight forward. I only talk with the adjuster when I call them, there is no outreach at all, and I am in my home with floors ripped up, no living allowance elsewhere, waiting on them to approve repairs. Ugh.|
TrustedChoice.com's Final Review
We award Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp a final rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars. The carrier is highly rated by the BBB, but has had several complaints filed against it in recent years. The insurance company is also not rated by AM Best.
Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp offers a limited selection of products for individuals in just a handful of states. We do love their 24/7 phone claims reporting, but customer feedback is mixed.
Overall we recommend looking into several options along with Lighthouse Property Insurance Corp with your independent insurance agent before making your final selection.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.