Utica National Insurance Company at a Glance
- Founded in 1914
- Offers both personal and commercial coverage
- Coverage is available in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico
- “A” (excellent) rating by A.M. Best
- Also offers services for small businesses
- 24/7 phone and online claims reporting
- Strong financial stability
Utica National pros: Well-established carrier with more than a century’s worth of experience in the insurance industry. Highly rated by A.M. Best. 24/7 claims reporting via online or phone. Strong financial stability. Coverage is available in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
Utica National cons: Not BBB accredited. They do not provide an official claims response time frame promise.
What Type of Insurance Does Utica National Offer?
Utica National is a mutual insurance company, with a focus on coverage for personal and commercial clients. Their insurance products offered is as follows.
- Personal insurance
- Identity theft
- Commercial insurance
- Auto dealers
- Auto service
- Small business
- Childcare centers
- Craft breweries
- Educational institution
- ERISA and crime program
- Errors and omissions
- Graphic communications
- Light manufacturing and woodworking
- Professional services
- Volunteer fire departments
Your independent insurance agent can help you find more information about the coverage offered by Utica National, and help you decide if this insurance company is right for you.
What to Know about Utica National
Utica National was founded in 1914, giving the carrier more than a century’s worth of experience in the insurance industry. Their mission is to continually meet the needs of policyholders, agent/customers and employees resulting in sustainable profitable growth.
Today, Utica National still focuses its efforts on fulfilling the promise made by the company’s founders in 1914. Coverage is available in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. The insurance company's LinkedIn profile states that Utica National has between 1,001 to 5,000 employees, with nearly 1,000 of them found on the social media platform. As far as financial size, A.M. Best places the carrier in the $1 billion to $1.25 billion category.
Utica National has earned a reputation as a stable insurance company with a positive outlook for the future thanks to its long history, wide reach, and financial strength. A.M. Best, the leading global credit rating agency monitoring the insurance industry, gives Utica National an “A” rating, indicating the carrier is an excellent choice for insurance customers. High ratings from A.M. Best assure customers that Utica National can offer guaranteed, secure coverage from a financially sound carrier.
Established in 1899, A.M. Best is one of the oldest rating companies in the world. Reviews from A.M. Best indicate an insurance company’s financial strength and creditworthiness and are based on comprehensive evaluations of the company’s operating performance, business profile, and balance sheet. For customers who are not as familiar with insurance companies’ respective reputations, A.M. Best’s ratings system allows them to make an educated decision about who they can trust to meet their needs in the short term, and who will remain a strong, financially sound company in the long term.
What Discounts Does Utica National Offer?
Utica National makes information about discounts readily available, there are several standard discounts commonly offered by Utica National today. These discounts include the following.
- Annual mileage credit discount: Offered to customers if their vehicle is on the road less, so they pay less for insurance.
- Multi-vehicle discount: Offered to clients insuring more than one vehicle on their insurance policy.
- Bundling coverage discount: Offered to customers who bundle their coverage and insure their home with the same carrier.
- Pay in full discount: Offered to customers who pay up front in full. If customers pay the full annual premium at once by cash, check, EFT or credit card they will discount it by up to 10%. (This does not apply to any statutory or state-mandated charges.).
- Airbags and motorized seat belts discount: Offered to customers with airbags and motorized seat belts and they can earn a discount of up to 30% on personal injury and medical payment coverage.
- Anti-lock brakes discount: Offered to customers with airbags and motorized seat belts. customers can earn a discount of up to 30% on personal injury and medical payment coverage.
- Anti-theft device discount:
- Alarm only: discount on fire and theft coverage
- Active disabling device: discount on fire and theft coverage
- Passive disabling device discount on fire and theft coverage
- Window glass etching: discounts on fire and theft coverage
- Vehicle Recovery Systems: discounts on fire and theft coverage
- Electronic stability control discount: Offered to customers that have electronic stability control on their vehicle.
- Daytime running lights discount: Offered to customers with daytime running lights on their vehicle.
- Good students discount: Offered to full-time high school or college students with a high GPA.
- Company car discount: Offered to customers that have a company car available for personal use.
- Away at school discount: Offered to customers with young drivers away at school without the car.
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT) discount: Offered to customers who pay their bill with EFT. Service charges will be eliminated.
An independent insurance agent can give you a better idea of the available information and premium quotes for coverage through Utica National. When it comes to coverage, independent insurance agents work hard to help to get you the most for your money.
Utica National Customer Service
Utica National offers 24/7 online, mail, and phone claims reporting for its policyholders. The carrier also provides the following customer service options.
- Online bill pay
- Online claims management
- Customer service availability - The customer service department for reporting claims is open 24/7/365.
The best way to make sure you have a good customer service experience is to work with an independent insurance agent. Independent insurance agents can help handle claims and other concerns for you, so you can relax and enjoy your coverage.
Utica National FAQ
What is Utica National's average claim response time frame?
Utica National offers claims reporting through a few mediums. However, the insurance company does not provide an official claims response time frame promise. Utica National does encourage customers to file claims within 24 hours of an incident.
What is Utica National's customer service availability?
Utica National allows customers to file claims online and by phone 24/7, or by fax or mail. Their hotline for customer service inquiries specifies business hours on the carrier’s official website and social media pages. The carrier’s social media presence extends across Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, which makes them a bit more accessible to customers.
What is Utica National's claims process?
Utica National offers a few options for claims reporting. However, the insurance company does not detail their claims process on their official website or social media platforms. If customers have questions about filing or the claims process itself, they can contact the carrier via phone, online, fax, or mail, or get in touch with their independent insurance agent.
Does Utica National's Insurance create a user-friendly experience for customers?
Utica National Customer Reviews
|“My homeowner insurance has a low coverage but it is good enough for protection of my house. The most advantage is that the insurance fee is at least one-third lower than some other insurance companies. The customer service was good for quick processing my claim of ice damage about two years ago. I am quite satisfied with this company and would like to continue to renew my policy with it in the future.”|
|“This company is easy to work with and they provided me with a nice discount for bundling my homeowners and auto insurance. I have a "newish" driver and they offered me the best rates.”|
|“I have had a good response with claims and the cost beats other carriers by about half. My local agent has been helpful with any changes that I make. Beats nationally advertised companies.”|
|“Their customer service is top notch... which is rare these days. I've had 1 claim with them and it went without a hitch.”|
|“I've been with this company for 25 years next month. They have been nothing but a fantastic insurance company. I've placed 3 claims over the years and they have honored each one. The process was quick, (had a check in less than a week each time), and the agents and claim adjusters were nothing less than courteous and professional each and every time. This company can also save you a LOT of money compared to Geico, Allstate, Progressive, and so on.”|
TrustedChoice.com's Final Review
We award Utica National Insurance Company a final rating of 5 out of 5 stars. The insurance company has been around for more than a century, which is remarkable within the industry. And it is clear the carrier has used this time to their advantage. Utica National has received high ratings through A.M. Best. Coverage is offered in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. The insurance company provides 24/7 claims reporting via phone, online, fax, or mail and online bill pay and account management. There is plenty of information about the carrier’s coverage on their official website, but there is not a claims response time frame promise. It is really not hard to find positive customer feedback about the insurance company online, and the reviews available are all positive. Fortunately, currently it is really easy to say many positive things about this carrier. So, our recommendation is that if you are in the market for personal or commercial coverage, survey all your options for trusted carriers with your independent insurance agent, and then investigate what Utica National can do for all your insurance needs.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.