Alabama Insurance Keeps You Covered
Alabama, the heart of Dixie, is a state known for Southern hospitality, college football Saturdays in Tuscaloosa and Auburn, and the pristine beaches of the Gulf Coast. Residents also enjoy the U.S. Space and Rocket Center and playing golf year round on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. Alabama has 335 Trusted Choice® agents, ready to help you protect your finances from all the risks you face.
Each local agent can compare hundreds of insurance companies, coverage options and rates. Contact an Alabama Trusted Choice agent to find car, home, life, health, business, boat, and many other Alabama insurance quotes.
Why Independent Agents Outperform Captive Agents
What's the difference between an independent agent and a captive agent? Captive agents are obligated to one insurance company, but independent agents can go to almost any insurance company to find the insurance coverage you need at a price you can afford. Captive agents are locked into the offerings and prices offered by their employer. With a captive agent, you are stuck with one company and one price, while an independent agent can give you more coverage and pricing options.
Independent agents work for you, not an insurance company, and can compare Alabama insurance quotes from many different insurance companies and help you to find the best coverage for your specific needs and budget.
Alabama Car Insurance Prepares You for the Unexpected
In an average year, Alabama drivers have almost 124,000 traffic accidents. Nearly 28,000 of the crashes result in injuries, and over 95,000 cause property damage. Over 800 of the car wrecks lead to fatalities.
The roads are risky and that's why all states require that motorists carry certain types of car insurance and coverage limits. Alabama state law mandates that all motorists in Alabama have liability insurance for no less than the following amounts:
- $25,000 for one death or bodily injury to one person
- $50,000 for death and bodily injury to two or more persons
- $25,000 for damage or destruction of property
Auto liability pays claims to others if you cause an auto accident in which someone else is injured, dies or has their property damaged. Most insurance professionals and financial experts agree that most drivers need to insure vehicles for more than the state minimum coverage limits. They also recommend more extensive auto coverage than just liability. Here are the protections you need to be fully covered:
- Collision: This protects your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident.
- Other than collision: This covers your vehicle if it is damaged in an incident that does not involve a collision. For example, damage to your vehicle is covered if you hit a deer, your car is stolen or vandalized, or damaged by hail or falling objects.
- Uninsured motorist: This pays claims if another driver causes an accident and your property is damaged or you're injured. 22 percent of Alabama drivers do not carry the state-mandated insurance minimums, giving AL the sixth highest uninsured rate in the nation, so this is an important coverage to have.
- Underinsured motorist: This pays claims that exceed the insurance of the at-fault driver.
Cover Homeowner Risks with Alabama Homeowners Insurance
Alabama has a homeownership rate of nearly 73 percent. If you're a local homeowner, you need to make sure you have homeowners insurance that protects you from all the risks of homeownership. Here are some of the risks a standard policy covers:
- Property damage: This overs the structure of your home, including garages, sheds and outbuildings.
- Contents: This insures the items in your home, including furniture, appliances, computers, electronics, clothes and other personal belongings. You'll need additional coverage if you have high value items, such as fine art, jewelry or collectibles that exceed your homeowner policy limits.
- Liability: This protects you from third party liability and lawsuits. If others are injured or their property is damaged at your house, you can be held responsible. This coverage pays liability claims and provides legal defense costs, up to your policy limits, in the event of a lawsuit.
Your homeowners policy covers events like fire, water damage from broken pipes, strong winds, hail, and burglary. It does not cover special catastrophes like earthquakes and floods. You can purchase coverage for these events separately.
Cover Business Risks with Alabama Business Insurance
Alabama has over 77,000 small businesses with less than 500 employees, 2,350 large businesses with more than 500 employees, and 223,000 self-employed individuals. Most of these businesses need some type of business insurance to cover their risks.
If you're a business owner, here are some of the coverage options you should consider:
- General liability: This protects you and your business from lawsuits and third party liability claims. It provides legal defense costs and pays liability claims, up to your policy limits.
- Professional liability: This insures you against "errors and omissions" in your professional duties. It includes wrong advice or negligent work that leads to a client's financial loss.
- Property damage: This covers your business property from damage, theft and vandalism. You can also add an endorsement for equipment and tools.
- Commercial vehicle: This protects the vehicles you use for business purposes, as well as the drivers. It is similar to personal car insurance but designed for commercial vehicles and fleets of vehicles.
- Workers compensation: This coverage is mandated for private businesses that employ four or more full-time or part-time workers. There are limited exceptions for employers of domestic and farm workers.
- Business owners insurance: Designed for small to mid-sized businesses, this policy bundles general liability, property damage and business interruption insurance together. Business interruption provides lost revenue if your business experiences a work stoppage due to a covered event. Normally, you can receive discounted rates when you package these coverages together.
- Umbrella liability: This provides liability coverage over and above the limits of a general liability policy. If you suffer a catastrophic liability that exceeds your general liability limits, the policy covers your excess losses.
Trusted Choice agents write more business policies than any other brand. A local agent can customize your policy to get maximum coverage and discounts.
Protect Your Family in Your Absence
You want to make sure your family is taken care of. Life insurance is the best way to accomplish that goal. In your absence, it can provide your family the same standard of living, the financial resources to pay for college and money to payoff your mortgage.
There are different types of life insurance and the one you use will be determined by your financial situation, goals and life insurance strategy. You may need a less expensive term life policy to cover you for a certain number of years, or you may require a permanent life policy to cover you for the rest of your life. In either case, it is best to purchase life insurance now, as rates only increase with age.
Cover Health Risks with Alabama Health Insurance
Alabama residents spend over $6000 a year per capita for medical expenses. Your health insurance makes a big difference in the amount you pay for your medical expenses. The right coverage can save you thousands of dollars a year. But health insurance can get complicated as you work through all your options.
Do you need the flexibility to choose your doctor even if it is a little more expensive? A PPO might be your best option. Or do you need to save money even if your doctor choice is limited? If so, you might like an HMO plan. Do you have savings, so you can afford to pay a high deductible if necessary? An HSA might be right for you.
A local agent can help you work through your questions and options. You might qualify for income-based premiums with the new healthcare laws. Also, since the Affordable Healthcare Act, you should be able to purchase health coverage, even if you were denied in the past.
Cover Your Boating Risks with Alabama Boat Insurance
With many major rivers, lakes and the Gulf of Mexico nearby, Alabama locals have lots of opportunity to hit the water for fishing, water skiing or simply relaxing on a lazy summer day. To get the most out of your boating adventures, you need to have the proper boat insurance in place. Similar to a car insurance policy, boat insurance covers your boat, equipment and others when you are on the water.
You can set up liability coverage in case you are at fault in an accident. In addition, you can cover your passengers with passenger liability coverage. If you have expensive fishing or sporting equipment on board, you can add that to your normal property damage so that both your boat and equipment are protected. Some other popular coverage options can cover towing, wreckage removal, pollution liability and more. If you insure your boat and car through the same company, you could qualify for a significant discount.
Get Alabama Insurance Quotes
Now Alabama residents can get quotes for any kind of coverage they need. One of the 335 Trusted Choice member agents can provide life, health, car, homeowners, business, boat and many other types of Alabama insurance.
Independent agents can compare hundreds of insurance companies, coverage options and rates to find you the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Contact an agent near you, for Alabama insurance quotes.