Alabama offers residents a diverse range of geography, from the coastline to the mountains and rural areas. With such a beautiful and varied state, it's no wonder that the state is a big attraction for tourists and businesses.
If you own a business in Alabama, you most likely use vehicles to conduct business. Having commercial auto insurance for your business vehicles is critical in order to keep your business running smoothly in case of an accident. The following information will help you evaluate quotes and coverage options for your commercial auto policy.
Facts About Commercial Auto Insurance in Alabama
- There were more than 123,500 accidents recently in AL.
- The average economic cost of death in previous years was $1,420,000.
- There were 865 traffic fatalities in recent years.
Accidents happen. When you're a business owner, an accident can stop your business in its tracks. Commercial vehicles can become targets for accidents due to their increased visibility and the backing of a company. Commercial vehicles are also larger and heavier than typical cars, making these commercial vehicles inherently more dangerous to drive. Commercial auto insurance is like a first aid kit. You don't need it until you need it, and if you have it, it can save your business's life.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover in Alabama?
In Alabama, a commercial auto insurance policy will help protect you from some of the most common risks you face as a business owner. A typical policy may contain the following options:
- Liability: Having liability insurance is important, and it's the law. Commercial auto liability can cover bodily injury and property damage claims in case of an accident and can also help pay for medical bills and legal fees, up to the policy limit.
- Collision: If you're involved in an accident, collision insurance can help you get your vehicle repaired, regardless of fault. Many times, lenders require this insurance on vehicles before they will offer you a loan.
- Comprehensive or "other than collision": This insurance covers incidents that happen outside of a typical collision, such as wind damage, rain damage or even hailstorm damage. Lenders usually require this insurance as well.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist: Not everyone carries adequate insurance. If you're involved in a wreck with someone who is underinsured or uninsured, you may not be able to get the funds to repair your vehicle from the responsible party. This coverage can help you get the repairs you need.
Special Information: Large Trucks and Semis
Unfortunately, semis and large trucks can cause a large amount of damage, even in a small accident. The potential for serious injuries and fatalities is much higher when a semi is involved. Commercial truck insurance provides the extra liability coverage you need for your large truck or semi. Additionally, semi and large truck drivers should consider purchasing cargo insurance. This coverage can help you recover cargo that was lost, damaged or stolen during transport.
Find Commercial Vehicle Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Vehicles Can You Cover with Commercial Auto Insurance in Alabama?
Insurance companies realize that, with a large number of businesses in Alabama, there will be a variety of commercial vehicles on the road. The following is a basic list of vehicles that you can cover with commercial auto insurance:
- Delivery vans
- Pick-up trucks
- Utility trucks
- Cargo vans
- Crane trucks
- Tow trucks
- Passenger cars
- Equipment trucks
This list is not exhaustive but is a general list of the vehicles typically covered by a commercial auto policy.
How Much Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cost in Alabama?
Commercial auto insurance quotes vary depending on a number of factors. When searching online for commercial auto insurance quotes in Alabama, be sure to be familiar with the following factors:
- Types of vehicles
- Number of vehicles
- Miles driven each year
- Driving record for each employee that will be using the vehicles
- Where vehicles will be stored
- How vehicles will be used
- Desired coverage amount
- Desired deductible
Insurers will use this information in order to give you accurate quotes on a commercial auto insurance policy for your business.
Are There Discounts Available on Commercial Auto Insurance in Alabama?
Just like the majority of insurance policies, there are discounts available on commercial auto insurance. These discounts may include the following:
- Multi-policy discount
- Good driver discount
- Claims-free discount
- Security system discount
One other way to save money on a commercial auto insurance policy is to keep your policy as up to date as possible, with accurate lists of drivers and vehicles.
How To Get a Commercial Auto Insurance Policy
When it comes to covering your business vehicles with a commercial auto insurance policy, it's important to have a professional by your side who is familiar with the business and can get you the best coverage at the best price. Our independent insurance agents are always available to help you explore coverage options, suggest discounts or even help you file a claim.
Contact a neighborhood agent for more information.