If you love your RV, you would be wise to protect it with a great RV insurance policy. You can get personalized quotes right here in Alabama on a motorhome insurance policy that fits your traveling style and RV type. Taking your RV on a long trip poses lots of risks and challenges, but with the right coverage, you can hit the road knowing your finances are secure.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our search engine will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Alabama Motorhome Facts
- AL is home to 110 RV parks and resorts.
- In 2012, Robertsdale, AL, residents purchased more class C RVs than residents in any other city in the state.
- In January 2014, year-over-year motorhome sales grew by 8.6 percent.
Vacationing in an RV becomes more attractive each year, especially as airline and hotel prices soar across the country. Families love motorhomes for their self-contained eating and sleeping quarters, which provide easy transitions and familiarity for small children. Retirees love the freedom and flexibility RV ownership brings, with the ability to pick up and visit relatives or go exploring at will. Others simply relish in the convenience and comfort of a home away from home. Whatever your reasons for choosing an RV lifestyle, you need the right motorhome insurance for the risks you face.
What Types of RVs Need Insurance?
Alabama state law requires that all motorized vehicles carry at least the minimum liability insurance limits. That means if you own one of the following types of motorhomes, you must purchase RV coverage:
- Class A
- Class B
- Class C
- Bus Conversion
If you own a trailer-type motorhome, you can insure your RV with a policy designed for trailers, along with their contents. The following types of RVs can benefit from this coverage:
- Pop-up trailers
- Truck campers
- Fifth wheels
- Toy haulers with sleeping quarters
- Travel trailers
What Does Motorhome Insurance Cover?
Much like car insurance, RV insurance protects you from the financial risks related to accidents, bad weather, vandalism and theft on the road. Your motorhome policy can include some or all of the following:
- Liability: This helps pay the cost of a bodily injury claim or property damage claim against you if you cause an accident in your RV. AL requires you to carry liability coverage on all your motorized vehicles, but you may wish to purchase more than the state-mandated limits. The cost of court fees, settlement amounts and your legal defense can quickly exceed your coverage limits if they are set low, and you must pay any amount over your coverage limit out of your savings, assets and future earnings. A local agent can show you quotes and help you choose the right level of liability coverage for your situation.
- Collision: This helps pay for repairs or replacement of your RV after an accident.
- Comprehensive: This can cover damage from incidents other than collision, like vandalism, theft, break-ins, hail, fire, lightning or tornado.
- Contents: Many people keep valuable equipment, electronics, generators, sports gear and other items in the motorhome. Contents coverage can help with the cost of replacing lost or damaged items in the event of a covered loss.
- Full-timer coverage: If you use your RV as a residence most of the year, you can get coverage that closely resembles homeowners insurance for your motorhome. It can add another level of liability protection and extra contents coverage to the policy.
How Much Does RV Insurance Cost?
Quotes for RV insurance vary widely from person to person and state to state. It's best to get personalized quotes from an agent or company you trust. The following factors will determine your quotes:
- Where you live
- The type and value of the RV you own
- Where you drive
- How many miles you cover each year
- Your driving history and age
Find the Best RV Insurance Quotes in Alabama
A local independent insurance agent from our TrustedChoice.com the can do the comparison-shopping for you and find the most affordable quotes on motorhome insurance in your area. A Trusted Choice agent can answer your questions honestly and contact several different insurance companies to find insurance coverage that fits your vehicle and travel habits best.
Contact an agent in your area for RV insurance quotes, answers and coverage.