Fresno, CA, aka Kings Canyon, lies in the central California area of the San Joaquin Valley, and is located roughly midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Most of Fresno’s topography is flat and the climate is typically sunny with over 200 sunny days per year. Summers are hot and dry, and winters are mild and rainy. Fresno is the commercial, cultural, and financial hub of the San Joaquin Valley.
Businesses located in the city of Fresno provide essential goods and services in the community and play a crucial role in the health of the local market. When faced with troubled times, business insurance helps these businesses remain lucrative.
Constructing a thorough business insurance policy package can be perplexing, but you are not alone. Local independent insurance agents in Fresno, CA, can assist by discovering your business’s particular risks and recommending the suitable policies to cover against them.
Contact a local independent insurance agent near you to get started today.
Why Does My Business in Fresno, CA, Need Liability Insurance?
Business liability insurance is one of the most important parts of your business insurance policy package and is designed to cover your court costs, legal fees, and financial damages if your business is sued. These legal fees can be expensive even if the court rules in your favor.
It is especially important to make sure your business procures the right types of business liability insurance to cover against the risks you face. Some business liability products available to you include the following:
- Commercial vehicle liability insurance: This insurance is required if your business owns and operates vehicles. It covers your business's increased liability risks if one of your employees causes an accident that results in third-party damage.
- Cyber liability insurance: This insurance option covers financial losses and liabilities if hackers access your computer systems and steal sensitive customer data.
- Employment practices liability insurance: This insurance option covers claims related to allegations of illegal employment practices such as breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination.
- Pollution liability insurance: This optional insurance covers cleaning costs and damage if your business is responsible for a mishap that leads to the pollution of the air, ground, or water.
- Premises liability insurance: This insurance option covers damage that occur to a third party due to a mishap on your business property.
- Product liability insurance: This insurance option covers damage occurring to a third party that is caused by defects in goods your business produces, sells, or promotes.
By consulting with a local independent insurance agent, you can find out more about these and many other business liability coverage products. Your agent can help you find business products suitable for your Fresno business.
What Insurance Products Cover My Fresno, CA Business Property?
Your business property in Fresno, CA is most likely to experience loss or damage due to risks such as wildfires, flooding, earthquakes, severe storms, and various property crimes.
These risks are covered by business property insurance, which is a standard element of all business insurance policies. Designed to cover your business-owned property, it includes coverage for your computers, furniture, inventory, merchandise, and other supplies.
Sometimes, you may find you need to add specific business insurance products. Your local independent insurance representative may recommend adding one or more of the following options:
- Bailee's insurance: This option covers property owned by third parties when in your business’s care, such as when you are doing repair or upkeep services on it.
- Equipment breakdown insurance: This option covers repair or replacement of a broken-down equipment and any losses related to machinery malfunctions.
- Flood insurance: Be mindful that business property insurance does not cover flood damage, even if the damage is the direct result of a covered hurricane.
- Inland marine insurance: This option covers movable business property during transfer or if it is stored away from your place of business.
Businesses located near waterways such as the San Joaquin River are most at risk for flooding when heavy rain falls, so business flood insurance makes sense for most businesses.
A local independent insurance agent can help you make sure all your business property is suitably covered, and your coverage is high enough to allow you to rebuild, repair, or replace, as necessary.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Why Is Business Interruption Insurance a Good Idea in Fresno, CA?
A major calamity, such as an earthquake or a flood, can cause so much damage that you have to close your business for a prolonged period while repairs are made to your business property.
- Number of federally declared disasters in CA since 1953: 330
- Most common reasons for declared disasters: fires
- Average number of tornadoes in CA per year: 11
A business closure that lasts for more than a few days or weeks can be financially devastating, especially to small businesses. Business interruption insurance provides a solution by covering various ongoing expenses until your business can resume normal activities.
When you have business insurance, your business can have enough money to pay regular monthly expenses such as utility payments, loan installments, and employee salaries while it is temporarily incapable of generating income. Talk to your local insurance agent to learn more.
Speak with your local independent insurance agent today to learn more about how business interruption insurance can benefit your Fresno, CA business.
Do Businesses in Fresno, CA Need Workers' Compensation Insurance?
If you are a business owner in Fresno, CA, you are obligated to provide a protected place for your employees to perform their duties. Unfortunately, even when all safety measures have been taken, employees sometimes get hurt or sick.
All businesses in California are responsible for covering their employees' financial losses in the event of a workplace injury or illness, including corporate officers and directors, and workers' compensation insurance is designed to provide this coverage. For employees that continually work in California, or if you are an out-of-state employer, your business must provide workers' compensation coverage.
Insurance companies base their workers' compensation rates on the types of activities your employees perform and the chances they will be injured or get ill on the job. It costs more to insure a hardwood logger than a professional golfer.
A local independent insurance agent can assist you in assessing your expenses and match you with an insurance company that focuses on covering businesses in your industry.
What about Insurance Products for Employee Benefits Packages?
While healthcare coverage options can be costly, offering sponsored coverage to your employees can have advantages. Human resources managers have shown that businesses offering viable employee benefits packages find it is easier to recruit and retain ideal employees.
- Average annual amount spent on healthcare coverage in the US: $2,305/person
- Average amount spent on healthcare coverage in CA: $1,166/person
There are many life insurance, car insurance and health insurance products open for you and your employees to choose from, which makes it challenging to determine which policies are best to incorporate into your employee benefits package. A local independent insurance agent can review the pros and cons of your choices so you can make an informed decision.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Fresno, CA?
Insurance companies know that every business has it is own risks and experiences. This is why they empower business owners to entirely tailor their business insurance coverage. An independent agent can make looking for coverage simple by offering advice and aiding you in finding the best and most reasonably priced policies to cover your business.
Find a local independent insurance agent with an office in or near Fresno, CA to learn more. You will soon learn how easy it can be to build a thorough business insurance policy package.
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.