Metro East Business Insurance

When you need a local adviser today

Written by Candace Jenkins
Written by Candace Jenkins

Candace Jenkins is a licensed insurance advisor with over a decade of experience. She is also a writer and loves to write on all things insurance. Candace writes for on a continuous basis and is here with the facts about all your insurance inquiries.

Reviewer: Jeffrey Green Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
Reviewer: Jeffrey Green
Reviewed by Jeffrey Green

Jeff Green has held a variety of sales and management roles at life insurance companies, Wall street firms, and distribution organizations over his 40-year career.  He was previously Finra 7,24,66 registered and held life insurance licenses in multiple states. He is a graduate of Stony Brook University.

Metro East Illinois business insurance

Metro East is a part of the larger St. Louis, IL, area. Suburbs make up this territory and are known for their urban roots. On the bluffs of the Mighty Mississippi, this is a diverse spot full of growth opportunities. 

If you're one of the 1,200,000 small business owners in Illinois, you'll want proper protection. An independent insurance agent has options on coverage and price. Connect with a local adviser to begin your search for a comprehensive policy.

Policies in Metro East, IL, That Protect Your Employees and Company

There are a couple of policies you can obtain for your employees. These coverages will help protect your business and your staff. Contact a Metro East independent agent for quotes on the below insurances:

Workers' compensation insurance: Illinois mandates that every employer with one or more employees obtain workers' compensation coverage. This policy will pay for lost wages and medical expenses when a worker is injured on the job. Speak with a Metro East independent agent for details.

Employee benefits coverage: Where you're trying to add value, you'll need to stay ahead of the curve. There are 2,500,000 people in Illinois employed by small businesses. Employee benefits coverage will contribute to your staff's health insurance and more. Contact a Metro East independent agent for package options.

Does Your Metro East, IL, Business Have Liability Insurance?

Illinois had $16,998,439,000 in commercial claims in 2019. If you have adequate insurance, you won't have to worry about paying out of pocket. Speak with an independent agent about the following liability insurances:

General liability insurance: GL insurance pays for lawsuits arising out of bodily injury or property damage claims. Since this is your business's primary insurance, it needs to be accurate. Contact a Metro East independent agent to review this coverage. 

Cyber liability insurance: Cyber liability insurance will pay for a loss arising out of a cyber attack. When your business gets hacked, you'll need insurance for the damage. Speak with a Metro East independent agent for quotes. 

Business interruption insurance: Business interruption insurance will pay for your regular business expenses when a catastrophe closes your doors. Protection can last up to 2 years depending on the carrier. Connect with an independent agent to add this to your GL policy.


Save on Business Insurance

Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.

Your Property Insurance May Be Lacking in Metro East, IL

Did you know that your business insurance may not have enough coverage for your asset? Many commercial property policies on the market only insure 80% of the building's value. That leaves you with the first 20% of a loss. To get the right insurance, speak with an agent on the following items concerning your property:

  • Total square footage
  • Protective devices in place
  • Market value and replacement cost
  • Year built and structural makeup 
  • Operations that occupy the property
  • Prior property claims

Common property risks in Metro East, IL:

  1. Severe storms and lightning damage
  2. Flooding and water damage
  3. Tornadoes
  4. Heavy snow
  5. Burglary and other property crimes

Does Your Commercial Property Have Flood Insurance?

Your commercial property policy will exclude coverage for flood damage. That means if you have a flood, you'll have to pay out of pocket if you're without separate flood insurance. Contact a Metro East independent agent for FEMA-approved quotes.

How to Connect with an Independent Insurance Agent in Metro East, IL

Your business's coverage is crucial to running a smooth operation. Instead of DIYing your policies, let a professional handle the details at no cost to you. An independent insurance agent works on your behalf, saving you time and money.

Since they have access to several markets, you'll get the best coverage for an affordable price. You can connect with one of the local experts in Illinois today. Go to to get matched using the find-an-agent tool. 

Share this page on Twitter Share this page on Facebook Share this page on LinkedIn