The manufacturing industry is a driving force in Illinois’ economy. That means there are a lot of commercial vehicles on the roads here, moving materials and products from this thriving industry around the state. Companies use various trucks, trailers, and buses to transport goods; but all of these transport vehicles could be in an accident that hurts people and damages property. No matter the size of your company, it’s important to have Illinois commercial vehicle insurance, but when you first open your doors, it can be hard to know where to start.
Illinois law requires that you prove financial responsibility when applying for a commercial license, and carrying insurance is how you meet that requirement. A local independent insurance agent in our network can help you find the right insurance for your needs. Your agent can compare policies and multiple Illinois commercial vehicle insurance quotes to find customized coverage at an affordable rate. Insure your business success against the risks of the road.
- Over 1,000 accidents resulted in injury
- 93 people were killed
- Crashes that occur in rural areas tend to be more serious than those that occur in an urban environment; Illinois commercial trucks frequent cities and rural areas
Who Needs Illinois Commercial Vehicle Insurance?
Businesses like moving companies, trucking companies and those who offer transportation services need commercial vehicle insurance. If your business isn’t in one of those categories, it might be hard to tell what kind of coverage you need. What if you own a business, work from home and occasionally drive your personal car to client meetings? The standard rule is that if you drive a car for business purposes, you need a commercial auto policy.
You can ask yourself the following questions to help determine whether you need Illinois commercial vehicle insurance.
- How many vehicles are operated for business purposes?
- What kind of vehicle is being used?
- How is the vehicle being used?
- Who is driving the vehicle?
- Who owns the vehicle?
If you still aren’t sure whether or not you need commercial vehicle insurance, contact a member agent in our network who can find the right coverage for your unique situation.
What Does Illinois Commercial Vehicle Insurance Cover?
If you’ve determined you need a commercial auto policy, the next step is finding the right coverage. Your commercial vehicle insurance is a more specific version of your private auto insurance. Your commercial auto policy is going to cover you and your employees against the specific risks you face in the course of daily business. Some coverage items on a typical insurance plan include:
- Liability: This includes bodily injury, property damage and legal fees.
- Medical Payments: If you or your employee(s) is involved in an accident, this covers medical expenses.
- Collision: This pays for damage resulting from colliding with another car or object.
- Comprehensive: This will pay for damage that is a result of anything other than colliding with a car or another object, such as theft, damage from storms, or fire
- Uninsured/Underinsured: If an uninsured or underinsured driver hits you and can’t pay for damages or bodily injury, your uninsured/underinsured insurance will cover your expenses.
Get the Best IL Commercial Vehicle Insurance Quotes
Running a business takes a lot of work and finding the right kind of Illinois commercial vehicle insurance is a tough job. You have to think about legal requirements, coverage limits, deductibles and premiums, and ideally you’d look at several policies before you buy. Who’s got the time?
When you work with a local independent agent, you get the best policy for your needs. Independent agents have access to many insurance companies, unlike captive agents who only sell insurance from one entity. Your agent can help you compare multiple Illinois commercial vehicle insurance quotes and find what works for your business. It only takes a few moments to find an agent right in your area.