Mt. Vernon, IL, was named after George Washington's home in Virginia and is famous for a successful court case won by Abraham Lincoln. This historic town is home to 14,956 residents, making it a small city.
When you drive a car on these iconic streets, you'll need protection. An independent insurance agent can help find a policy that fits. Connect with a local expert today to start your search with ease.
Why Optional Car Coverage Should Be Considered in Mt. Vernon, IL
Primary auto insurance comes standard with minimum limits of liability. If you want more coverage for vehicles and the like, you'll need to add it. Speak with an independent agent for details. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: This pays for the difference in your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: This will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: This will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your vehicle that is hit by an unavoidable object.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers and 13.7% in Illinois.
Whether you drive a sports car or an RV, you'll need the right coverage in place. To have more than just liability-only, talk with a professional. An independent agent in Mt. Vernon can help you decipher limits and coverage types.
How Your Mt. Vernon, IL Minimum Limits May Be Too Low
In order to drive in Mt. Vernon, IL, you'll need to obtain an auto policy. Similar to workers' compensation coverage, car insurance is mandatory at the state minimum limits. Check out the required auto insurance for Mt. Vernon, IL:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/ $50,000 per accident/ $20,000 property damage.
When an accident exceeds your coverage amounts, you'll be responsible for the remainder. To avoid garnished wages, review your policy with a trusted adviser. An independent agent in Mt. Vernon can help.
How You Can Save Money on Your Mt. Vernon, IL Car Policy
Carriers look at a variety of risk factors when determining your costs. Some items you'll have control over, while others you will not. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Policy discounts that may apply
- The coverages you choose
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Catastrophes reported
- Local crime rates
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
Your personal data can be improved for reduced pricing. However, local crime and theft is one item you won't be able to change. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.9
- Illinois average: 153.8
- Mt. Vernon average: 134.1
When you bundle your auto and home insurance with the same carrier, you can get instant savings. Insurance companies will award a 30% discount or more when you put your policies with them. Speak with a Mt. Vernon independent agent for more ways to save.
When You Drive for Uber in Mt. Vernon, IL, You May Not Have Coverage
Personal auto insurance won't have coverage for rideshare or livery for hire services. That means if you're making extra cash by driving for Uber or Lyft, you could be without insurance. When a loss occurs, it will be voided, and you'll be responsible for the expense.
To save your finances from a huge claim, consider commercial vehicle insurance. This policy will protect your business venture and passengers. Get with a Mt. Vernon independent agent to discuss your commercial insurance options.
Why You Need an Independent Insurance Agent in Mt. Vernon, IL
If you're searching for the best auto policy in Mt. Vernon, IL, an independent insurance agent can help. They work on your behalf at no cost to you. They'll do the shopping so that you can relax.
An independent agent has access to several carriers, giving you options on coverage and price. You can connect with one of the local experts on TrustedChoice.com. Use the find-an-agent tool to get matched fast.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.