Located on historic Route 66, Springfield is home to 116,250 residents and is also famous as the home and final resting place of Abraham Lincoln. Today this city is known for its cultural activities such as the Old Capital Art Fair and the Illinois State Fair, and many families love to call Springfield home. If you have a family, providing for them and protecting them are most likely two of your greatest concerns.
With life insurance, you can have peace of mind that your dependents will be taken care of, no matter what. But how do you choose the right policy for your needs? An independent insurance agent in our network can help you get all of your questions answered. Find a local insurance agent today for help reviewing Springfield, IL life insurance plans so you can choose one that’s right for you.
- Heart Disease
- Malignant Neoplasm (Cancer)
- Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease
- Accidental Causes
Reasons to Buy Life Insurance
There are a number of reasons to buy life insurance. The most important reason overall is to provide financial security for your family in case you should unexpectedly die or be diagnosed with a life-threatening disease. Most people buy a life insurance policy for one or more of the following reasons:
- Income replacement, especially if you are the main income earner in the family
- To cover your mortgage and outstanding debts, such as personal loans and credit cards
- To pay for funeral and burial expenses
- To help cover retirement expenses
- To help cover medical expenses
- To provide coverage that helps your business to continue on if you die unexpectedly
- To have funds on hand to pay for your children’s college tuition
- Setting up an estate
- To leave a legacy for your grandchildren or to donate money to your favorite charity
How Much Insurance Do I Need?
The optimal amount of life insurance coverage varies from person to person, and a local independent agent in our network can help you determine what might be a good fit for you. A member agent can help you get your questions answered and find the best policy for your specific situation.
When Is the Best Time to Buy Springfield Life Insurance?
The ideal time to buy a life insurance policy is when you are younger, because a younger person is likely to be healthier and less of a risk to insure, thus rates are low. IF you are no longer a young person, you haven’t lost your chance for great life insurance coverage. While life insurance does become more expensive as you age, it’s never too late to start protecting your family’s needs with coverage. There are many ways to get affordable life insurance, especially with the help of an independent agent who can compare quotes for you from multiple insurance companies.
What Kinds of Life Insurance Policies Are There?
There are two basic types of life insurance. Both kinds of life insurance are sold in a variety of plans.
- Term life insurance: Term insurance is the most popular and the most economical to purchase. It is the most basic type of Springfield life insurance available as it pays out death benefits and does not accrue cash value. Term insurance is purchased in periods of time such as 10, 20 or 30 years, or can have an age-specific term, such as 65 years of age. You usually have the ability to convert to a permanent policy if you choose to do so.
- Permanent life insurance: The two basic formats of permanent insurance include whole life and universal life. These policies cover you for your entire life and not only include death benefits but also accrue cash value like an investment account. This is why a permanent life insurance policy is more expensive to buy. There are many variations of these policies, so you have a wide range of options to allow you to find a policy suitable for your needs.
Where Can You Find Life Insurance in Springfield?
The best way to find Springfield life insurance is to use an independent agent who specializes in life insurance coverage. An independent agent in our network can research many different insurers to find the most suitable policy at the most affordable rate.
Contact a insurance agent today to compare Springfield life insurance quotes and find the policy you need to protect your family and get peace of mind.