If you live in the Windy City and are the proud owner of a recreational vehicle, you will need to protect this investment with Chicago, IL RV insurance. Whether you are traveling across the country or just visiting a few tourist spots, it is important to protect the asset that will get you there. Peace of mind enhances that feeling of freedom on the road.
The more miles your motorhome accumulates, the greater the risk of an accident. The best way to minimize the financial risk of a collision or other damaging incident is with the right coverage plan. A local independent agent in the Trusted Choice network can help you sort through your options. Contact a local member agent now to compare Chicago motorhome insurance quotes and find the best coverage for your unique situation.
- Class A Motorhome: The largest RVs with home accommodations, ranging from 24 to 40 feet
- Class B Motorhome: A camping van with a raised roof to provide additional sleeping quarters
- Class C Motorhome: Also called a “mini motor home” these are smaller RVs with sleeping quarters over the cab
What Is RV Insurance?
Recreational vehicles or motorhomes come in several shapes and sizes: Class A, B and C motorhomes, motorhome bus conversions, travel trailers, fifth wheels and truck campers. Each of these is different from the others in utility, dimensions, and value, which means they each need a customized policy. Talking with a Trusted Choice member agent can help you select the best Chicago RV insurance to protect your assets and save you money.
Is Chicago RV Insurance Coverage Required?
Illinois requires motor vehicles, including larger motorhomes, to have insurance coverage if they are on the road. For smaller RVs that are trailers, insurance coverage is generally not required, though it is a good idea if you want to be able to recover from a potential loss. While you may need a separate policy, in some cases coverage on the vehicle that tows the RV can extend to the RV itself.
What Does Chicago RV Insurance Cover?
An RV insurance policy can be similar to homeowners or an automobile policy, depending on the type and size of RV and whether you are a full-timer or you just use your motorhome for the occasional trip. A typical policy includes:
- Collision coverage to help pay for damage or loss to your vehicle
- Liability coverage in case visitors in your RV are injured or their property gets damaged due to your negligence, or you cause an accident that harms other drivers, passengers, pedestrians or property
- Comprehensive coverage to protect you from loss due to fire, vandalism or severe weather events
- Personal property coverage for personal possessions inside your RVIf your RV is smaller and hitched to another vehicle, you may be covered under the insurance policy for the towing vehicle. However, if you’re using the trailer seasonally and it may be stored for a time, it is best to get a separate RV policy to cover the vehicle no matter where the RV is located.
How to Compare Chicago Motorhome Insurance Quotes
If you need Chicago RV insurance, contact a member agent in the Trusted Choice network. One of these agents, right here in the Chicago area, can help you determine what coverage is appropriate for your unique needs and help you secure the right policy. Member agents have access to multiple companies, and can compare quotes from many carriers to find the proper coverage for your RV. Contact a local member agent today to discuss your Chicago RV insurance needs.