Illinois national parks abound with snowmobile enthusiasts during the winter months. What precautions have you taken to make this snowmobile season the safest? The best way to ease your mind is to wear a proper helmet, reduce speed in icy conditions and have Illinois snowmobile insurance coverage. A local independent insurance agent in our network can make sure you have the best coverage and get the most enjoyment out of your snowmobile this season. Contact an agent today to find a plan that’s best for your needs and budget.
- About 13,000 people are injured and 100 are killed every year in snowmobile accidents in the U.S.
- Recently, Illinois police responded to 13 snowmobile accidents
- In the recent Illinois snowmobile season, there were 11 fatal snowmobile accidents
Do I Need Snowmobile Insurance in IL?
Illinois is one of 23 states that require snowmobile owners to carry at least a minimum level of liability insurance, but that might not be enough to protect you after an accident. Many sled accidents are caused by driving into other vehicles, trees, animals and thawed lakes, which could cause damage that you don’t have coverage for. Your agent can help you fill any insurance gaps and answer all your questions so you have the right amount of coverage for your needs.
What Exactly Does Snowmobile Insurance Cover?
Snowmobile insurance provides similar coverage to many motorized vehicle policies such as ATVs, motorcycles, and even cars and trucks. There are several types of coverage available for a snowmobile policy, including these basic policy options:
- Liability: This is the state requirement. It pays for damage to other vehicles and/or medical bills for injuries suffered in an accident for which you are at fault, up to the limit you choose.
- Collision: Pays for damage to your snowmobile caused by an accident, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive: Pays to repair your snowmobile if it is damaged by weather, fire, theft or vandalism.
Is Snowmobile Insurance Expensive?
In Illinois, snowmobile insurance can vary widely according to the company. Coverage can be purchased for as little as $100 per year per snowmobile. Bigger, faster vehicles will likely cost much more to insure. Factors insurance companies consider when they offer you a premium rate include:
- How many sleds are being insured
- How often they’re used• The ages of the operators and the experience of the operators
- The type of snowmobile
- The age of the driver
- Whether or not you have snowmobile safety training
Be sure to talk with a local independent agent about how to find the best rates for you, and whether discounts are available based on snowmobile training and other safety practices.
How to Compare Illinois Snowmobile Insurance Quotes
The most efficient way to find Illinois snowmobile insurance quotes is through a local agent in our insurance network. An independent agent can research dozens of companies and provide you with the best quotes for the right amount of coverage to suit your needs and budget. No matter which company you choose, that very same local agent can fill out the paperwork for your policy and walk you through the claims process.
Contact a local agent today to get the personal assistance you need.