Iowa Independent Agents

Iowa Insurance: All Your Needs in One Place

Get help from one of our Iowa independent agents

They understand your risks and will find you the coverage you need.

Most popular insurance coverages in Iowa

Home Insurance

The coverage you need to protect your home and everything in it.

Auto Insurance

The right protection for you, your car, and others on the road.

Business Insurance

Broad protection that covers you, your employees, and customers.

Workers' Compensation

Valuable employee coverage for work-related injuries and illnesses.

Why Choose an Independent Insurance Agent in Iowa?

Many insurance companies in Iowa offer home, car, and business insurance. The following are some of the best insurance companies in Iowa:

  • Nationwide: The carrier services individuals as well as businesses of all sizes. The company is headquartered in Columbus, OH, and is represented by independent insurance agents in 50 states, including Iowa. 
  • Progressive: This company is based in Ohio, but offers business and personal insurance across all 50 states, including Iowa. Iowa residents and business owners can look to Progressive for most of their business and personal insurance needs. 
  • West Bend: This carrier is a mutual insurer, which means that its owned by its policyholders. West Bend offers business and personal insurance in Iowa. 
  • Westfield Insurance: Headquartered in Westfield Center, OH, this insurance company offers practical solutions to reduce risk for individuals and businesses in Iowa.
  • Travelers: This carrier can meet your Iowa personal and business insurance needs with a full line of products. The company is based in Hartford, CT. 

An independent insurance agent in your area can help you learn more about these and other IA insurance companies. A local agent can help you get competitive quotes for the coverage that fits your Iowa insurance needs.

Homeowners insurance in Iowa covers a wide range of perils (e.g., fire, theft, vandalism, and severe weather) that could potentially damage your home, your belongings, or other structures on your property. Homeowners insurance in Iowa covers the following:

  • Dwelling coverage: Covers your house and attached structures. It also covers items like plumbing, heating, permanently installed air conditioning systems, and electrical wiring.
  • Other structures coverage: Protects other structures on the property such as detached garages, tool sheds, retaining walls, and so on. 
  • Personal property coverage: Protects the contents of your home and other personal belongings owned by you or family members who live with you. 
  • Loss of use coverage: Helps you with additional living expenses if your home is damaged by a covered peril (e.g., a fire) and you cannot live in your home while repairs are being made. It typically covers expenses like housing, meals, storage, and more, as long as they are in line with your usual living expenses. 
  • Personal liability coverage: Provides coverage if you or a resident of your household is responsible for causing property damage or an injury to someone else. 

A local independent insurance agent can help you find homeowners insurance in Iowa. 

If you own a vehicle in Iowa, you are required to purchase car insurance. You must have the following coverage at a minimum in order to comply with the law: 

  • Bodily injury liability coverage: $20,000 per person/$40,000 per accident
  • Property damage liability coverage: $15,000 per accident

Bodily injury liability insurance covers you if you are at fault in an accident and someone other than yourself is injured. Property damage liability insurance covers damage to another person's vehicle or property in an accident that is your fault. 

In addition, you can include several other coverage options in your car insurance policy in Iowa. These include uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, medical payments/personal injury protection, collision insurance, comprehensive insurance, gap insurance, towing and roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and more. 

Contact an independent auto insurance agent near you for car insurance in Iowa. 

No matter what kind of business you’re in, you can experience an unexpected fire, a break-in, or a weather event that damages your commercial property. 

And if you’re accused of harming someone or damaging their property as a result of your operations or your products, you can be expected to pay for property damage and medical expenses for the injured parties. It’s also quite common for businesses to be sued in these instances.

Business insurance in Iowa covers these kinds of problems, and more. The policies and the amount of coverage you need depend on the type of business you’re in and the value of your inventory and assets. Most business owners in Iowa will need business property insurance and general liability insurance at a minimum in order to properly protect their assets. 

In addition, if your business owns any vehicles or if you drive your personal vehicle for business purposes, you are required to purchase commercial vehicle insurance (just like Iowa drivers are required to purchase personal auto insurance). 

And if you have employees, Iowa law requires you to purchase workers’ compensation insurance that protects workers who are injured on the job. 

Contact an independent business insurance agent in Iowa for the coverage you need. 

Workers’ compensation insurance covers injuries and illnesses that happen in the workplace. It ensures that injured workers get medical care and income protection while they are unable to work. In addition, workers’ compensation insurance helps protect employers from lawsuits resulting from work-related injuries. 

Most employers in Iowa are required to purchase workers’ compensation insurance. Workers’ compensation insurance in Iowa covers the payment of all reasonable and necessary medical care related to a workplace injury or illness. In some cases, the employee may be eligible for payment of lost wages. In addition, death benefits may be paid to a surviving spouse or children if a covered employee dies as a result of a job-related illness or injury. 

An independent insurance agent can help you learn more about workers’ compensation insurance in Iowa. 

Restaurant insurance in Iowa protects your business from the costs associated with things like:

  • Fire
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Severe weather
  • Workplace injuries
  • Food contamination or spoilage
  • Delivery driver car accidents
  • Customer injuries on your premises
  • Breakdown of ovens, refrigerators, or other kitchen equipment
  • Utility interruptions that force you to close
  • Responsibilities related to serving alcohol

Most restaurants need a customized package of policies that cover a wide range of property and liability risks. The following types of restaurant insurance policies are common:

You may even need other restaurant insurance policies that protect you from a variety of unique risks. It’s a good idea to work with an independent insurance agent in Iowa to help you find the best restaurant insurance. 

Commercial vehicle insurance in Iowa covers cars, trucks, and any other vehicles used in business operations. Commercial vehicle owners in Iowa are required to purchase bodily injury liability coverage and property damage liability coverage that meets the state’s minimum coverage requirements. Each of your business-owned vehicles is required to have the following liability limits to cover third-party injuries and property damage after being at fault for an accident:

  • Bodily injury liability coverage: $20,000 per person/$40,000 per accident
  • Property damage liability coverage: $15,000 per accident

Certain large vehicles, those that carry hazardous materials, and those that participate in interstate commerce may be required to carry higher liability limits. 

Several types of optional coverage are also available for your commercial vehicles, including uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, comprehensive insurance, collision insurance, and more.

Contact an independent insurance agent in Iowa to learn more about your commercial vehicle insurance options. 

Umbrella insurance in Iowa offers excess liability coverage that kicks in when the limits of an underlying policy—including home insurancerenters insurancecondominium insurance, boat insurance, or car insurance—have been exhausted. 

Umbrella insurance typically covers the following types of claims for any person that is covered under the primary insurance:

  • Personal injury
  • Advertising injury
  • Property damage liability
  • Slander
  • Libel
  • Defamation of character
  • False arrest, detention, or imprisonment
  • Malicious prosecution
  • Mental anguish

Your umbrella policy may offer coverage for certain losses that are not covered by the underlying policies, including covering you worldwide.

Renters occupy nearly 29% of homes in Iowa. When you rent your home, you’re as susceptible to personal property losses as those who own their homes.

Renters insurance is a type of personal insurance policy. It protects your personal belongings against damage or loss from things like fire or theft. It also protects you if someone is injured as a result of your negligence. 

Renters insurance in Iowa covers your personal property for losses related to the following:

  • Fire 
  • Smoke
  • Lightning
  • Vandalism 
  • Theft (including personal items stolen from your car, but not the car itself)
  • Explosion
  • Windstorm and water damage (not floods) 

Renters insurance also provides liability coverage. Liability coverage protects your assets when you, a family member, or a pet injures someone or damages someone else’s property while at your home or somewhere else. 

Talk to a local independent insurance agent to find renters insurance in Iowa.

Life insurance is a contract with an insurance company. In exchange for payment from you (premiums), the insurance company provides a lump-sum payment (death benefit) in the event of your death to beneficiaries you have chosen. Life insurance in Iowa is a vital part of your long-term financial plan. 

But you can think of life insurance in Iowa as more than just a financial investment. The proceeds from a life insurance policy make cash available to support your family almost immediately upon your death. It gives your loved ones time to grieve, helps pay off debts and loans that you leave behind, and provides your remaining family members with financial stability after you are gone. 

There are two major types of life insurance policies available in Iowa: term life insurance and permanent life insurance. Each offers benefits for different periods of time. 

Contact an independent insurance agent to learn more about life insurance in Iowa.

Searching for the best and most affordable insurance products can be frustrating and confusing. That’s why it pays to have an experienced insurance professional in your corner.

Instead of getting an online quote, find an independent insurance agent in Iowa now, and get one-on-one consultation and affordable options for the best coverage for your unique needs. Your agent will work with you free of charge, offering you a variety of options so you can make the best choice.  

What’s more, your agent will be there for you when claim time comes. They know the ins and outs of the process and will make sure your claim is handled appropriately.

Contact an agent today for a free, no-obligation consultation. 

What Our Customers Are Saying