Bowling Green, KY, is located in Warren County, which has had 15 natural disasters. If you own a property here, then you'll want all the protection necessary to insure your assets. Earthquake insurance can help cover your home and business alike.
An independent insurance agent has access to several carriers so that you can choose the policy that works best. They do the shopping at no cost, saving you time and money. Connect with a trained professional.
What Is Earthquake Insurance?
If you're one of the 70,543 residents that live in Bowling Green, KY, adequate protection is a must. Earthquakes may not be number one on the list of occurrences here, but coverage shouldn't be overlooked. Some items earthquake insurance can cover are as follows:
- Personal belongings
- Your dwelling
- Temporary housing costs
What Does Earthquake Insurance Cover in Bowling Green, KY?
Earthquake insurance in Bowling Green is typically a separate policy that you can obtain from your agent. It will cover your property's replacement or repair in the event of a loss caused by an earthquake. While not all policies are the same, there are standard coverages that usually apply. The majority of earthquake policies cover the following:
- Dwelling limit: Pays for the replacement or repair of your property itself when an earthquake occurs.
- Personal property: Pays for the replacement or repair of your personal belongings.
- Additional living expenses: Pays for a temporary stay at another property when an earthquake makes your home uninhabitable.
What Does Earthquake Insurance Not Cover in Bowling Green, KY?
Just like all of your personal or commercial insurance in Bowling Green, KY, exclusions apply. Your earthquake policy is pretty specific about what it will and won't insure. The majority of earthquake policies exclude the following:
- Swimming pools
- Damage to land
Save on Earthquake Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Much Is Earthquake Insurance in Bowling Green, KY?
Nationally, the average homeowners insurance premium is $1,211. In Kentucky, home insurance costs come in a little lower at $1,109. The price for earthquake insurance varies Carriers use a variety of factors to rate your insurance, such as:
- Claims history
- Credit score
- Value of the property
- Coverage limits selected
Exact costs can't be determined until you obtain custom quotes. However, you can know ways to get instant savings. Ask your agent to bundle all of your policies with the same carrier to get deep discounts.
Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Earthquakes?
A natural disaster in Bowling Green could put you into financial ruin if you're not adequately insured. In Kentucky, 549,229,000 homeowners claims were paid in just one year. Earthquake coverage can typically be added to your homeowners insurance for a premium. For proper insurance, review the following items on your home policy:
- Dwelling coverage: Covers the structure of your home. This is equal to the replacement cost of your home.
- Other structures coverage: Covers detached structures on your property, such as a shed or garage. This is usually 10% of your dwelling limit.
- Personal property coverage: Covers your personal belongings both inside and outside the home. This is normally 50% of your dwelling limit.
- Loss of use coverage: This pays for additional living expenses while your home is repaired after a covered loss. This is typically 20% of your dwelling amount.
- Personal liability coverage: Pays for legal and medical bills if you're held liable for injury or personal property damage to someone else. These limits are chosen by the insured and typically range from $100,000 to $1,000,000.
- Medical payments coverage: This is your first line of defense when a minor injury occurs on your property. It will pay for another party's medical bills, regardless of who is at fault. Coverage falls between $1,000 and $10,000.
How an Independent Insurance Agent in Bowling Green, KY Can Help
The right insurance protection in Bowling Green, KY, can mean the difference between you paying for a loss or the carrier. While you can't know every twist and turn in life, you can be prepared for the worst. Earthquake insurance is necessary if you want coverage for all exposures in KY.
An independent insurance agent can help review your policies for free. They work with several carriers so that you get competitive pricing. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice for tailored quotes in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.