Accidents can happen when you least expect it. The law requires all drivers in Shrewsbury to have auto insurance. That’s why it's important to have the right car insurance coverage to protect you from large financial loss.
When you work with a local independent insurance agent, it’s easy to find the best auto insurance for you. They will offer you multiple customized car insurance quotes at competitive prices that fit your needs. Find a local insurance agent in or near Shrewsbury to get started.
What Are the Car Insurance Requirements in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts?
Drivers in Shrewsbury are required to have the minimum amount of auto insurance. In order to drive your car in Shrewsbury, you must have the following covered:
- Bodily injury to others: $20,000 per person
- Personal injury protection: $8,000 per person, per accident
- Bodily injury caused by an uninsured auto: $20,000 per accident
- Damage to someone else's property: $5,000 per accident
Massachusetts is a no-fault state. That means that when an accident occurs, no matter who is at fault, your insurance coverage will help foot the bill. With the right insurance policy, an accident won't cause a huge financial burden.
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts Uninsured Motorists
Shrewsbury has one of the lowest uninsured driver rates in Massachusetts. Less than 6% of drivers operate without car insurance, while the national average is 13%. If caught, violators can face up to a $5,000 fine, a year in jail, and a loss of driving privileges.
Uninsured motorist coverage is mandatory in Shrewsbury. This insurance will cover you against drivers without car insurance and hit-and-run drivers. An uninsured motorist policy provides coverage of your medical costs right away. It's important to insure yourself against those who aren't insured.
Average Car Thefts in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Shrewsbury is rated 93% safer than other cities in the nation. The auto theft rate in Shrewsbury is lower than the national average, with only an average of 10 motor vehicles reported stolen yearly.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.29
- Shrewsbury auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 0.26
Without comprehensive coverage in your car insurance policy, you cannot be compensated for a stolen car. This policy is optional, but will greatly protect you financially from things such as theft and damage that may happen.
Additional Insurance Options for Your Auto Policy in Shrewsbury, MA
Drivers in Shrewsbury can purchase additional insurance coverage to make sure they have the coverage they need. Below are additional options to give you extra coverage:
- Comprehensive coverage: This insurance covers damage that is out of your control, such as theft, weather events, windshield damage, and collisions with animals.
- Collision coverage: If you happen to collide with another vehicle or object, this insurance will help pay to repair or replace your car.
- Towing and labor coverage: This will assist with the cost of flat tires, lockouts and even dead batteries.
- Accident forgiveness: If you're ever in an accident, this coverage will prevent your price from going up.
Car Insurance Costs in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Shrewsbury car insurance rates will vary depending on the individual. Car insurance quotes are determined by the following:
- Type of traffic violations
- Where you garage your vehicle
- Year and model of the vehicle
- Years of driving experience
- Number of at-fault accidents
The average driver in Shrewsbury will spend above the national average for car insurance. Luckily, there are a variety of discounts that are offered to get you the best deal. Some discounts include:
- Multi-car discount: For drivers who insure more than one vehicle
- Anti-theft discount: Vehicles with an anti-theft device
- Number of years licensed discount: Depends on how long you've had your license and your experience behind the wheel.
How to Find Car Insurance in Massachusetts
Drivers in Shrewsbury can work with a local independent insurance agent to find the right auto insurance. Independent agents work with multiple insurance companies to compare prices. That way you can pick the policy that fits your needs.
Use independent agents to find the best insurance plan in Shrewsbury. Specify what you’re looking for, and the network will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent only to the agents you pick.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.