Hillsdale, MI is a great place to launch a new small business. This growing city serves as the seat of Hillsdale County and is also home to “The Most Popular Fair on Earth.” Hillsdale’s beautiful downtown offers plenty of unique shops and quaint cafes. The only downside to living and working in Hillsdale is the extreme winter weather. During previous years, there were 856,682 small businesses in Michigan, providing employment to 1,755,901 people. Of course, owning a business also carries serious risks. recently, loss payouts to Michigan businesses reached $12,848,751. Make sure your business is protected by investing in Hillsdale business insurance.
Our Independent Insurance Agents are always available to help you build a comprehensive business insurance plan that not only protects you from common threats but also fits into your company’s budget. Let our experienced agents help you in your search for a business insurance plan in Hillsdale. All businesses are at risk for a liability lawsuit. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60% of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30% said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. Make sure you choose a comprehensive Hillsdale business insurance policy that protects your company against liability risk.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71% of product liability awards and 53% of medical malpractice awards by the courts amount to $1 million or more. It only takes one customer being injured by a defective product your company manufactured to put your business at enormous financial risk. Make sure product liability is part of your insurance so you are protected at all cost.
- Errors and Omissions/Professional Liability: If your company offers a service such as contracting or consulting, professional liability insurance is a better choice. This type of policy protects you from allegations of errors and omissions. If you are sued, your E&O liability insurance helps shoulder the burden of legal fees and pays for any court-ordered settlement that you incur.
Business Interruption Insurance for Hillsdale Businesses
- Recent Gross domestic product: 2.2%
- Recent Michigan gross state product: 1.0%
- The recent GSP increase was 1.2% lower than the recent GDP increase
Hillsdale’s severe winter weather can present business owners with a unique set of challenges. Each winter can bring severe blizzards that could potentially cause massive property damage to your business. If your business suffers a collapsed roof under 3 feet of snow, you will have nowhere to conduct business. During the time it takes to make the repairs, you will have no revenue and will be unable to pay your bills. Business interruption insurance offers protection for small businesses by compensating for profit losses after an interrupting event.
Property Insurance for Hillsdale Businesses
- Number of recent natural disasters: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Hillsdale business owners are all too familiar with natural disasters. The average snowfall in this area is 52 inches. This brings with it icy roads and falling trees during the winter months. Make sure you have your business prepared by investing in comprehensive commercial property insurance before the next storm hits.
Workers' Compensation for Hillsdale Businesses
Every Hillsdale business owner needs to invest in a workers' compensation policy before hiring any employees. Across most the nation, this coverage required for business owners. If your employee suffers an illness or injury on the job, this insurance could save you thousands in out of pocket expenses. Workers’ compensation covers medical bills and lost wages to the employee who has a work-related injury, in addition to protecting you from an expensive lawsuit.
Employee Coverages for Hillsdale Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Michigan: $1,134,005
- Ranked 39th for highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,321/person or $15,242/family
Business owners all over the nation face the challenge every day of finding affordable health care coverage to offer employees. Each year, premiums rise with no relief in sight. Our independent insurance agents will give you multiple quotes on many different policies so you can find the most affordable option on the market. With help from an experienced agent, you can select a plan that offers maximum benefits for your employees without sacrificing your annual budget in the process.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Hillsdale Businesses
- 10,338 identity theft complaints in Michigan in recent years
- Ranked 6th highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Michigan business owners are at high risk for cyber crime. This state ranks close to the top for identity theft, and your business could be at huge risk. Only 22% of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with cyber crime and data breaches. By adding cyber crime to your comprehensive Hillsdale commercial insurance policy, you can have the peace of mind that you are protected against cyber threats.
Finding the right insurance for your small business can seem overwhelming and confusing. Our Independent Insurance Agents can help you navigate through the time-consuming process and help you simplify all of your options. Whether you are looking for protection against property damage or trying to find affordable health coverage for your employees, our reliable agents can help.
Contact an agent today to get your free rate quote on Hillsdale commercial insurance.