Dearborn Heights, MI, is known for coffee shops and recreation. With a wide variety of local parks, there is plenty of room for exploration of the great outdoors. When you drive the local streets in this city of 55,758 residents, you'll need car coverage.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with that. They work on your behalf at no cost so that you can save. Connect with a professional advisor to get started today.
How Optional Car Coverage Works in Dearborn Heights, MI
Auto insurance comes with liability only, anything else you'll need to add. There are several items to choose from for adequate coverage. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged in a non-collision incident such as fire or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 20.3% in Michigan.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
Your auto policy may need to be discussed with a professional, so you get the right coverage. Since there are several options, you could miss something if you go it alone. Look over your policies for the best chance at covering a claim.
Minimum Liability Requirements in Dearborn Heights, MI
Similar to worker's compensation insurance, most states mandate auto coverage. Michigan is no different. Check out the required auto insurance for Dearborn Heights, MI:
- A minimum liability of $50,000 per person/$100,000 per accident/ $10,000 property damage.
Even though the above limits are all that's required, they may not be adequate. When a loss exceeds your coverage amounts, you'll be responsible for the remainder. To avoid financial ruin, consider higher coverage options.
How to Save on Your Dearborn Heights, MI Car Insurance
Carriers look at various things when determining your auto premiums. There are several items you may be able to improve for reduced costs. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates and weather risks
- Your driving record
There are certain areas you won't be able to control. Local crime is one thing that will affect your premiums. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Michigan average: 174.60
- Dearborn Heights average: 214.40
If you're looking for instant savings, bundle your auto and home insurance. When you put your coverage with the same carrier, you'll get a discount of 30% or more. Consider bundling to lower your costs.
Why Driving for Uber Could Be a Risk in Dearborn Heights, MI
If you're using your vehicle to drive for Uber, you may not have coverage. Personal auto insurance excludes rideshare and for-hire livery services. To get a claim covered, you'll need a different kind of insurance.
Commercial auto coverage is the policy needed to ensure you have a loss paid. Since you are operating a business, personal insurance voids any claims. In order to protect your livelihood and customers, commercial insurance should be discussed.
Connect with an Independent Agent in Dearborn Heights, MI
An independent insurance agent works at no cost to you, saving time and money on coverage. Since they have a variety of carriers, you'll get the best options in town. Affordable car insurance is key, and a professional can help.
If you're tired of DIYing coverage, speak with a licensed adviser. Go to TrustedChoice to get matched in minutes. They have a find-an-agent resource you can use.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.