Holland, MI, is known for its tulips. From flowery festivals to white sandy beaches, this place has charm. With a downtown area that is famously quaint, you'll be right at home.
When you drive the streets in this city of 33,366 residents, you'll need coverage. An independent insurance agent can help you with your policy and premium. Get connected with a local adviser in minutes to begin your search for reliable coverage.
Minimum Auto Insurance Requirements in Holland, MI
If you want to use the roadways in Holland, MI, you'll need to have coverage. Auto insurance is regulated, so you'll want to make sure you have the correct limits. Check out the required auto insurance for Holland, MI:
- A minimum liability of $50,000 per person/$100,000 per accident/ $10,000 property damage.
If your liability limits aren't enough, you'll be responsible for the remaining loss. To avoid financial ruin, consider adequate coverage. While minimum limits are better than nothing, they are still lower than a lot of average claims.
Optional Coverages for Your Auto Insurance in Holland, MI
Your primary auto policy will have liability coverage included, and that's pretty much it. If you want more than liability-only, you'll need to add it. Check out some auto insurance options:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 20.3% in Michigan.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged by a non-collision incident such as fire or vandalism.
Another coverage you should consider is umbrella insurance. For a more substantial loss, umbrella insurance will foot the bill. It provides additional liability support when your underlying limits have been maxed out.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
If You Drive for Uber in Holland, MI, You Might Not Have Coverage
Your personal auto policy will exclude coverage for rideshare and for-hire livery services. This means if you drive for Uber or Lyft, you probably won't have insurance. When you're involved in an accident with only personal coverage, the claim will be denied and the insurance canceled.
To avoid a major catastrophe, you'll want business auto coverage. This policy will provide the right protection for a loss. Since you have commercial operations, you'll need commercial insurance.
How to Save Money on Car Insurance in Holland, MI
Insurance companies use several factors when determining your premiums. Some you'll have control over, while others you will not. Check out rating factors the carriers use below:
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Local crime rates and weather risks
- Your driving record
Local crime is one item you can't change, and it will have an impact on your pricing. It's good to know where your city stands when it comes to criminal activity. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Michigan average: 174.60
- Holland average: 128.70
Another way to cut costs is by bundling. When you bundle your auto and home insurance, you'll qualify for a discount. Carriers usually award a savings of 30% or more on coverage.
How to Connect with a Holland, MI Independent Agent
If you're looking for the best car coverage at an affordable price, contact an independent insurance agent. They have access to several markets, giving you options on policy and premium. Since they do the shopping on your behalf, you'll save time and money.
Before you DIY auto insurance, contact with one of the 899 local advisers in Michigan on TrustedChoice. They have a network of experts ready to assist. Use the find-an-agent tool to get connected in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.