Midland Heights Car Insurance
When you're searching for the best policy
Midland, MI, is known for many attractions that make this place unique. It is noted as one of the best places to raise a family. Midland is also high on the list for education and making a good living.
When you use the roads in this city of 41,950 residents, you'll need protection. An independent insurance agent can help get a policy that fits. Get connected with a local expert today to find coverage that you can trust.
State Requirements for Your Car Insurance in Midland, MI
In order to drive in Midland, MI, you'll need an auto policy. Similar to worker's compensation insurance, a car policy is mandatory at the state minimum limits. Check out the required auto insurance for Midland, MI:
- A minimum liability of $50,000 per person/$100,000 per accident/ $10,000 property damage.
If you're involved in an accident, and your limits are exhausted, you could be in financial trouble. To avoid a crisis, consider umbrella insurance. An umbrella policy will provide additional liability in the event your underlying policy isn't enough.
Which Optional Car Coverages Should You Choose in Midland, MI?
Your car insurance should provide coverage when you need it most. The majority of policies only come standard with minimum liability, leaving a lot left uncovered. Check out some options you can add to your policy:
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is involved in a non-collision incident such as fire, a hailstorm, or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 20.3% in Michigan.
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
You'll want the best policy for your family and vehicles. If you stick with a one-size-fits-all approach, you could be missing out. Review your coverages to ensure you have adequate protection.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
If You Drive for Uber in Midland, MI, You Could Be Without Insurance
If you're making extra cash by driving for Uber, you could be without insurance. Carriers will exclude rideshare services from a personal auto policy. This means you'll be responsible for a loss, including medical expenses and damage.
To avoid financial ruin, consider commercial auto insurance. This policy will protect your operations. Since you're running a business, you'll want the best coverage for your livelihood and customers.
Ways to Reduce Car Insurance Costs in Midland, MI
Carriers look at a variety of risk factors when determining your costs. Some things you'll be able to improve for better pricing. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates and weather risks
- Your driving record
Personal data can be bettered for reduced premiums, but there are some items you can't control. Local crime is one of them. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Michigan average: 174.60
- Midland average: 28.60
If you want to cut costs fast, consider bundling. When you bundle your auto and home insurance with the same carrier, you can get instant savings. Insurance companies will usually reduce your premiums by 30% or more.
How to Find an Independent Agent in Midland, MI
If you're trying to DIY car insurance, you could be missing key coverages. Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help. They work on your behalf at no cost to you, saving you time and money.
Since an independent agent has access to several carriers, you'll get the best options in town. When you're tired of going it alone, consider a professional. Go to TrustedChoice and get matched with a local expert today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.