St. Clair Shores, MI, is known for its prestigious resort area. This town was built for the finer things in life. Home to the Miss America Pageant and more, St. Clair Shores has become a popular tourist destination.
If you're one of the 59,635 residents in this posh town, you'll want car coverage. An independent insurance agent can help find a policy that suits your needs. Connect with a local expert to begin your search for coverage you can trust.
Car Insurance Options in St. Clair Shores, MI
Car insurance comes with low limits unless otherwise requested. That means you could be cruising with minimum liability. To get the right coverage, review your policy. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it is hit by an unavoidable obstruction or damaged in a non-collision incident such as a hailstorm or vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers. and 20.3% in Michigan.
Coverages come in many forms and should be considered seriously. If you want more than liability-only, you'll have to add it. Fortunately, this is something that can be corrected with a phone call.
Do You Have Coverage When You Drive for Uber in St. Clair Shores, MI?
Personal auto insurance excludes rideshare services from coverage. If you're making extra money driving for Uber, you could be at risk. Often, insureds don't find out there's not coverage until it's too late.
If you want to avoid a claim being denied, consider other coverage. Commercial vehicle insurance can protect any operational services and passengers. You'll need commercial insurance for your operation to thrive.
Ways to Save on Your St. Clair Shores, MI Car Insurance
Carriers look for a variety of items to rate your policy. When you have exceptional personal data and no losses, you'll get the best pricing. Check out rating factors the insurance companies use below:
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- The coverages you choose
- Local crime rates and weather risks
- Your driving record
There are ways you can improve your data to qualify for lower premiums. One item you won't be able to adjust is the local crime. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Michigan average: 174.60
- St. Clair Shores average: 92.30
When you bundle your auto and home insurance with the same carrier, you'll save big. Insurance companies will reduce your premiums by 30% or more on average. Take a look at your risk factors to cut costs.
Minimum Car Insurance Requirements in St. Clair Shores, MI
In order to use the roadways in St. Clair Shores, MI, you'll need insurance. Similar to worker's compensation coverage, auto insurance is mandatory in Michigan. Check out the requirements for St. Clair Shores, MI:
- A minimum liability of $50,000 per person/$100,000 per accident/ $10,000 property damage.
If you have an accident without proper coverage, it could cause financial ruin. To avoid devastation, consider umbrella insurance. This policy kicks in when your underlying liability coverage has been exhausted.
Why You Need an Independent Agent in St. Clair Shores, MI
When you're searching for a car policy that doesn't break the bank, contact an independent insurance agent. They work on your behalf at no cost, doing all the shopping for you. Since they access several carriers, you'll have options.
If you want to save time and money, consult with a licensed professional. TrustedChoice can connect you with an independent agent in no time. Get matched with a local expert in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.