Wayne, MI, is known for manufacturing. More specifically, as a center for the automotive and transportation industry. Ford Motor Company is the leading employer in this small town, with two plants.
If you're on the roads in this city of 16,947 residents, you'll likely need a reliable car policy. Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help with coverage at a fair price. When you're unsure how to get started, connect with a licensed professional.
Minimum Auto Insurance Limits in Wayne, MI
If you want to drive in Wayne, MI, you'll need the state minimum limits of liability. Even though more coverage isn't mandated, it still may be necessary to avoid financial ruin. Check out the required auto insurance for Wayne, MI:
- A minimum liability of $50,000 per person/$100,000 per accident/ $10,000 property damage.
When you want insurance that keeps you covered, an umbrella policy is one way to go. Umbrella insurance provides additional limits of liability for larger claims. If a more substantial loss exhausts your underlying policy, umbrella insurance kicks in.
Why You Might Want Optional Auto Coverages in Wayne, MI
If liability-only isn't adequate coverage for your vehicles, you'll need to look into optional limits. You can obtain protection for your cars and other items, but you'll need to add it. In the meantime, check out some options:
- Uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM: This coverage will pay for your expenses arising from an accident with an uninsured at-fault driver. Nationally, there are 13.0% uninsured drivers, and 20.3% in Michigan.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage to your car in the event of a crash.
- Rental car coverage: Will provide reimbursement for a rental car when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: Will pay for property damage to your vehicle if it hits an unavoidable obstruction or is damaged in a non-collision incident such as a hailstorm or vandalism.
- Gap coverage: Pays the difference between your remaining loan balance and the market value when a total loss occurs.
- Tow coverage: Will pay for a tow truck to tow a covered auto due to a loss.
Your car insurance limits could mean the difference between a claim being paid or not. To avoid financial ruin, consider optional coverages. With the number of uninsured drivers in MI alone, you'll want higher limits.
Ways to Save Premium on Your Wayne, MI Car Policy
Insurance companies use several factors when figuring your premiums. They will look at personal data, loss history, and outside elements when pricing your policies. Check out rating factors the carriers use below:
- The coverages you choose
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Your claims history
- Your insurance score
- Local crime rates and weather risks
- Your driving record
Since you can't control all the areas your coverage is rated on, it's good to know the facts. Local crime is one item you won't be able to affect, but it still impacts your costs. Let's take a peek at the theft rates per 100,000 people:
- National average: 228.90
- Michigan average: 174.60
- Wayne average: 172.00
If you want instant savings, you can bundle your auto and home insurance. When you put your policies with the same carrier, they discount your coverage. Some companies will give a 30% or more reduction in pricing.
Does Your Auto Policy Cover Uber in Wayne, MI?
Usually, personal auto insurance excludes coverage for rideshare and for-hire livery services. If you're delivering people or parcels, your operation will have risks personal insurance can't handle. There are other options you can choose to have adequate coverage.
A commercial auto policy is needed to have the right insurance for business exposures. If you want coverage that will pay for an accident, including your paying customers, you'll need business insurance. Review your commercial options with a professional.
Find a Wayne, MI Independent Agent Today
When you need car insurance at an affordable price, work with an independent insurance agent for free. They use all the best carriers, giving you options on coverage and premium. Since they do the shopping, you can relax.
If you want a break from searching for coverage, get an adviser. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice in minutes. Get matched with the best professional in town.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.