Las Cruces is located in New Mexico’s Dona Ana County. There are nearly 2,000 farms and ranches sitting on 528,000 acres of land in this county. These farms are valued at about $16,000 per acre. Some of the top commodities produced by Las Cruces area farms include pecans, herbs, hay, cotton, chickens, and dairy products. Farm insurance helps these businesses remain profitable.
Independent insurance agents in Las Cruces can help you review policies and rates from a variety of top-rated insurers. That way, you can be sure that you are paying a reasonable price for your coverage. Contact an insurance agent near you to get more information and you can soon start comparing customized quotes for farm and ranch insurance.
What Is Las Cruces Farm Insurance?
Farm and ranch insurance is specialized coverage designed to meet the unique needs of farm and ranch owners. It combines coverage for your home with coverage for your farming business in one easy-to-manage policy package.
A local independent insurance agent can help you understand your different coverage options. That way, you can be certain you are getting a policy that adequately covers you against all of the potential hazards you are likely to face as a farm or ranch owner in the Las Cruces area. Talk to an agent near you to learn more.
Las Cruces Farm Insurance Covers against Liability Risks
As the owner of a farm or ranch, you are faced with several liability risks. Farm liability insurance is designed to protect you from large financial losses by paying your court costs, legal fees, and damages if you are sued for a covered event. An independent insurance agent can help you determine what kinds of liability coverage are right for you.
There are several different kinds of liability coverage that can be included in your farm insurance policy. Examples include:
- Premises liability insurance: This is designed to pay for third-party damage and injuries you may be responsible for if guests, visitors, or customers are injured or suffer property damage due to an accident that occurred on your farm property.
- Product liability insurance: This is designed to pay for third-party illnesses, injuries, or other damage you may be responsible for if a product that is produced or sold by your farm is defective in some way.
- Personal liability insurance: This is designed to pay for third-party damage you may accidentally cause to someone else including accidental injuries caused while enjoying recreational activities and accusations of libel or slander.
- Operations liability insurance: This is designed to pay for third-party injuries or property damage caused by you or your workers in the course of running your farm.
- Farm workers medical payments insurance: New Mexico does not require you to cover farm and agricultural with workers’ compensation insurance. Farm workers medical payments coverage can limit your liability exposure by paying for your workers to obtain medical treatment for job-related injuries.
A local independent insurance agent can review all of your liability coverage options with you. If you wish to have liability coverage in even greater amounts than your farm insurance will allow, your agent can also help you secure an affordable umbrella insurance policy.
Las Cruces Farm Insurance Covers Your Property
Farm insurance also provides you with a wide range of property coverage. This is designed to pay the cost of repairing or replacing farm property if it is lost or damaged due to a covered event such as a severe storm, wildfire, or hail.
Some of the property that you can expect your policy to cover includes:
- Your farmhouse: If your residence is on your farm or ranch property, farm insurance can provide you with coverage for the structure of your home as well as for the property (contents) inside it.
- Your various outbuildings: This includes all buildings and structures on your property, including things like barns, sheds, silos, stables, garages, and other storage units.
- Equipment and machinery: This covers loss or damage to farm equipment and machinery such as tractors, plows, cultivators, balers, sprayers, and sprinkler systems if they are damaged by a covered event like wildfires or hail.
- Other property: You can also purchase endorsements to cover other property that is essential to the running of your farm or ranch. This specialized coverage is required for things like irrigation systems, livestock, and feed.
A local independent insurance agent can help you find an affordable policy that will provide you with the right coverage for all of your farm or ranch property.
Las Cruces Farm Insurance Offers Additional Coverage
Farm insurance providers typically offer additional coverage options. You can customize your policy by only purchasing the coverage options that makes sense for your particular farm or ranch. Your many options include:
- Equipment breakdown insurance: This can pay to quickly repair or replace malfunctioning farm equipment. That way, your farm can quickly return to its normal day-to-day operations.
- Farm income insurance: This can help make up the difference between expected and actual profits if a disaster like a wildfire, flood, or hailstorm damages your crops, kills or sickens your livestock, or makes farm operations temporarily unmanageable.
- Debris clean-up and removal insurance: This can pay for the timely clean-up of debris if severe weather or other natural disasters cause excessive damage to your farm or ranch.
- Crop insurance: This is a separate government-backed policy that covers damaged crops or drops in commodity values. An independent insurance agent can help you secure a policy.
Talk to an insurance agent near you to learn about these and other coverage options that are available to you. Your agent can help you decide which ones are a good fit for your Las Cruces-area farm.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Las Cruces?
Because they live and work in your community, local independent insurance professionals are familiar with the risks faced by farm and ranch owners like you. They can offer you advice and guidance as you shop for insurance coverage for your Las Cruces farm or ranch.
Because they are independent, these agenst can shop around to help you obtain and compare rates from competing insurers so that you can be sure you are getting a suitable policy at a competitive price. Find an insurance agent near you to learn more about your options when it comes to farm and ranch insurance in the Las Cruces area.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.