Bismarck, ND, is home to the world's largest wheat and honey suppliers. With over 90% of its land designated for farming, Bismarck has wide-open spaces.
When you cruise the farmland with its 72,865 residents, you'll need coverage for your car. An independent insurance agent has access to multiple carriers, saving you time and effort.
Auto Insurance Coverage Options in Bismarck, ND
Your auto policy has various optional coverages that you may be interested in knowing in addition to your liability. Take a look at Bismarck's optional car insurance coverages:
- Tow coverage: This will pay for the tow of a covered auto.
- Rental car coverage: This will provide reimbursement for a rental vehicle when your covered auto is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your car that is hit by an unavoidable object.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your vehicle in the event of a crash.
- Gap coverage: This pays for the difference between your car loan and your vehicle's market value due to a total loss.
- Medical payments coverage: This will pay for a smaller medical expense when you're in an at-fault accident.
Optional coverages can be added to your auto policy for a price. To offset costs, you can speak with your independent agent about bundling. When you bundle your auto and homeowners insurance together, you'll get a significant discount. This allows for more optional coverage to be utilized without raising premiums.
Do You Need Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Bismarck, ND?
Each state has its share of uninsured drivers on the road. To safeguard you and your loved ones, you'll want uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM coverage. Take a look at the percentage of uninsured drivers:
- National average: 13.0%
- North Dakota average: 6.8%
Whether you drive an RV or a Mini Cooper, you'll want protection for uninsured motorists. UM/UIM coverage will apply when you're involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, and it's their fault. It will pay for your medical or property expenses. Connect with your independent agent to discuss your UM/UIM limits.
Car Insurance Needed in Bismarck, ND
The majority of states require a certain level of liability in order to drive. Similar to workers compensation insurance, this is a mandated coverage. Take a look at Bismarck's auto policy requirements:
- A minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $25,000 property damage.
With the average vehicle sales price being over $36,000, state minimum limits wouldn't be enough. If you're at fault for an accident, you'd have to pay out of pocket to cover the expense. Discuss how much liability insurance your auto policy needs with your Bismarck agent.
Local Crime and Your Bismarck, ND, Auto Policy
Local crime can play a big part in your insurance pricing. However, it's only one piece of the puzzle. Carriers use a variety of specifications when determining your costs. Let's take a peek at the theft rates across the board:
- National average: 228.9
- North Dakota average: 233.5
- Bismarck average: 281
The local property crime will impact car insurance rates. Connect with your Bismarck independent agent to discuss your options and how theft impacts your costs.
The Price of Car Insurance in Bismarck, ND
Like life insurance, your car policy will be rated from your unique personal data. So, no matter if you have the same vehicle or address, your premiums will be based on you. Some rating factors you should be aware of are below:
- Local crime
- The coverages you choose
- Your claims history
- Your credit score
- Your insurance score
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR)
- Policy discounts that may apply
- Severe weather and natural disasters
If you are a safe driver, have good credit, and perfect MVRs, your rates will be less. To know your exact pricing, connect with your independent agent on quotes.
Does Your Auto Policy Cover an Uber Exposure in Bismarck, ND?
If you are driving for Uber, Lyft, or any other rideshare service, it's important to speak with your agent. You may be surprised to find that your personal auto policy doesn't have coverage. Here are some questions to ask your Bismarck agent on rideshare services:
- Does my current auto policy provide coverage when transporting people, parcels, food, or groceries?
- Which carriers would provide coverage during rideshare services and when I'm off duty?
- Do I need a separate business auto policy?
Your agent will likely suggest a commercial auto policy to have adequate protection. This policy will cover your exposure while you are performing business activities. Discuss your business insurance with an independent agent today.
Find a Bismarck, ND, Independent Insurance Agent
When you want the best service with a matching policy, a Bismarck independent insurance agent can help. They work with numerous carriers, finding you the best coverage and price.
If you're uncertain where to start, connect with a local agent on TrustedChoice.com. Use the find-an-agent tool to speak with an expert today.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.