Canton Car Insurance
Don't pay more than you have to for your auto insurance coverage.
Getting in an accident is a stressful experience that can happen to anyone. Snowy Ohio winters and heavy traffic contribute to the likelihood that Canton residents will be involved in a crash. A solid car insurance policy helps reduce your financial loss after an accident.
Independent insurance agents make finding the right policy easier. When you choose a Canton agent, you'll get the benefit of their expertise and help when choosing the right types of auto insurance. Reach out to a local independent insurance agent today to get started building your ideal car insurance policy.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Canton, OH?
While Ohio's average annual auto insurance premiums are lower than the national average, you'll still benefit from shopping around for the best coverage.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Ohio average annual car insurance cost: $789
Your insurance company quotes will be different from the averages and from each other. Each insurance company has its own method of calculating insurance premiums. Your quotes will be based on a number of factors:
- The make, model, and year of every vehicle you are insuring
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- Your driving record and credit score
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of your deductible
- The amount of liability insurance you are purchasing
- The coverage options you are including in your policy
If you decide to combine your homeowners or renters insurance with your auto insurance, you could get significant discounts. Your agent can talk with you about which companies offer the best discounts for your situation.
An independent insurance agent in Canton can help you compare quotes from multiple companies. They'll walk you through your options and make sure your coverage includes the locally required insurance types and amounts.
What Does Canton Car Insurance Cover?
Your auto insurance policy will probably be a combination of optional and required coverage. As a Canton resident, you'll have to abide by Ohio's laws about the minimum amount of liability insurance you must carry. In Ohio, personal injury protection and uninsured motorist coverage are optional insurance policies.
If you are making payments on your car, your loan or lease company probably requires you to carry "full coverage" insurance. This typically includes collision and comprehensive coverage, in addition to liability insurance.
Your insurance quotes may include the following types of insurance:
- Liability insurance (Required): This coverage handles bills related to someone else's injuries and property damage after an accident you cause. In Ohio, your policy must include:
- Bodily injury liability coverage of at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability coverage of at least $25,000 per accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) (Optional): This coverage pays medical expenses for you and your passengers if you are hurt in a crash, no matter who is at fault.
- Uninsured motorist insurance (Optional): This covers damage and medical expenses after you are in an accident caused by someone who doesn't have enough insurance to meet their financial obligations. Although it's optional in Ohio, the only way to get coverage for a hit-and-run collision is to have uninsured motorist insurance.
- Collision insurance (Partially optional): This covers the replacement or repair of your car if it's damaged in a crash.
- Comprehensive insurance (Partially optional): This pays to replace or repair your car if it's damaged or lost as the result of a non-collision event like a flood, garage fire, or falling object.
- Roadside assistance and towing (Optional): This pays for the help you need if your vehicle gets a flat tire, if you lock your keys in the car, or if you run out of gas.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (Optional): This pays for the cost of renting a car while yours is in the shop for repairs after a covered event.
Your agent will help you determine how much liability coverage you can afford while including optional coverage that works in your best interests.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Canton?
Driving without insurance is illegal in Ohio. If caught, uninsured drivers can face the following:
- Temporary revocation of drivers license
- License reinstatement fee of $100
- Suspension of license for two years or more if you are involved in an accident and don't have the right types and amounts of insurance
In Ohio, there are fewer uninsured drivers than the national average.
- US drivers who are uninsured: 13%
- Ohio drivers who are uninsured: 12.4%
You aren't required to carry uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage with your auto policy, but if you are in an accident with an uninsured driver, you'll need this coverage to avoid having to sue the person for damage.
How High Is the Auto Theft Rate in Canton?
The auto theft rate in Ohio is much lower than the national average.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.37
- Ohio auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.79
While your chances of having your car stolen aren't high, it's crucial to understand that if your vehicle is stolen and you don't have comprehensive insurance coverage, you won't be compensated for your loss.
Comprehensive coverage also covers non-collision damage caused by smoke and fire, falling trees, severe hailstorms, and vandalism. This "other than collision" coverage helps you protect your investment against many common hazards.
If you lease or have a loan on your car, you may already have comprehensive coverage. Your insurance agent can look at your current policy and help you understand which insurance types you may need to add so you have the best possible combination of coverage.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Canton, OH?
Independent agents can be helpful as you search for the best possible insurance company and coverage. They'll explain your options and help you decide which insurance types work best for your situation.
Discover the advantages of having an independent insurance agent on your side. These agents can be extremely helpful when you are looking for car insurance. Contact a Canton agent today to get started building your perfect auto insurance policy.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.