Any type of accident is stressful, whether you are in a fender bender or a larger multi-vehicle crash. Having the right types and amounts of car insurance coverage can help you meet your financial obligations and protect your investment in your vehicle.
When you work with a Parma independent insurance agent, you'll get one-on-one service and you'll get the advantage of a local agent's expertise. Having the right car insurance can prevent you from facing large financial losses after an accident. Find an agent in Parma today to learn more about how to start customizing your car insurance coverage.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Parma, OH?
Ohio drivers pay less for auto insurance coverage on average than drivers across the country. Taking the time to shop around could still save you hundreds of dollars each year, though.
- National average annual car insurance cost: $1,311
- Ohio average annual car insurance cost: $789
Your auto insurance quotes will be different from the national and Ohio averages. They may even be quite different from each other. Each insurance company has its own algorithms to help them determine rates for individual drivers.
Your quotes may be based on this information:
- The make, model, and year of every vehicle you are insuring
- Your age, gender, occupation, and marital status
- Your driving record and credit score
- Information about other licensed drivers in your household
- Whether you own or rent your home
- The amount of your deductible
- The amount of liability insurance you are purchasing
- The coverage options you are including in your policy
If you decide to bundle your homeowners or renters insurance with your auto insurance, you could enjoy deep discounts across the board. You may be entitled to other discounts, as well. Your agent will evaluate your circumstances and let you know if certain companies may work better for you.
A Parma independent agent will help you compare prices to make sure that you get the best value for your dollar.
What Does Parma Car Insurance Cover?
Your auto insurance policy will be a combination of optional and required coverage. Parma residents must follow Ohio laws about car insurance coverage. In Ohio, you must carry liability insurance. Personal injury protection and uninsured motorist coverage are optional.
If you have a lease or loan, you may have to add comprehensive and collision coverage to your policy, as required by your bank or dealership.
You can expect your insurance provider to offer the following types of coverage:
- Liability insurance (Required): This covers other people’s injuries and damage if you cause an accident. Your policy must include:
- Bodily injury liability coverage of at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability coverage of at least $25,000 per accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) (Optional): This pays for medical expenses for you and your passengers if you are injured in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Uninsured motorist insurance (Optional): This pays for otherwise non-covered damage and injuries you may suffer if you are in a collision with an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver. The state of Ohio does not require you to purchase uninsured motorist coverage.
- Collision insurance (Partially optional): This pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged in a collision, regardless of fault.
- Comprehensive insurance (Partially optional): This pays to repair or replace your vehicle if it is lost or damaged due to a non-collision event such as a flood, falling object, or garage fire.
- Roadside assistance and towing (Optional): This pays for necessary assistance if your vehicle becomes disabled while you are out on the road, such as if you get a flat tire or run out of gas.
- Rental reimbursement coverage (Optional): This pays for the cost of renting a replacement vehicle while repairs are being made to your car following a covered event.
Your agent can help you decide which coverage you need, which will be beneficial for you, and how much of each type of coverage you can afford.
What Is the Penalty for Driving without Insurance in Parma?
Driving without insurance is illegal in Ohio. If caught, uninsured drivers may face the following:
- Temporary revocation of drivers license
- License reinstatement fee of $100
- Suspension of license for two years or more if you are involved in an accident and don't have the right types and amounts of insurance
There are fewer uninsured drivers on the road in Ohio than the average across the nation.
- Percentage of US drivers who are uninsured: 13%
- Percentage of Ohio drivers who are uninsured: 12.4%
You don't have to add uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage to your policy. If you are in an accident caused by an uninsured driver, this coverage will pay for your damage. Without it, your only recourse is to sue the other driver in an attempt to get reimbursed for your damaged vehicle and medical bills.
How High Is the Auto Theft Rate in Parma?
The auto theft rate in Ohio is lower than the national average. Even so, thefts happen. While your risk is low, you can only be reimbursed for your stolen car if you have comprehensive insurance coverage.
- National auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 2.37%
- Ohio auto theft rate per 1,000 vehicles: 1.79%
Comprehensive coverage also handles damage to your vehicle caused by flooding, hail, garage fires, and fallen trees.
If you have a lease or loan on your car, you may already have comprehensive coverage. Your agent can help you understand your current coverage and recommend policies that fill in the gaps.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Parma, OH?
Working with an Independent agent in Parma can help you understand your car insurance needs and balance your coverage levels with your budget. You'll get multiple quotes from different companies, which can help you understand how much coverage you can afford.
Your independent agent works on your behalf to get you the most coverage for your money. Contact an insurance agent with an office near you today to get started building your customized insurance plan.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.