Pierre Farm and Ranch Insurance
Find the right insurance policy for you.
Located along the banks of the Missouri River, the small city of Pierre has acres of farmland in its northern and eastern outskirts. If you are among the many farm or ranch owners in the Pierre area, you can protect your investment and help it remain profitable by purchasing a comprehensive farm insurance policy.
Independent Insurance Agents in Pierre can help you review policies and rates from a variety of reliable insurers. That way, you can be sure that you are paying a reasonable price for the policy you choose. Contact an insurance agent near you to learn more and to easily compare customized quotes for farm and ranch insurance.
What Is Pierre Farm Insurance?
Farm insurance is a specialized policy designed to meet the unique coverage needs of farm and ranch owners. It combines coverage for your home with coverage for your farming business in one easy-to-manage policy package.
A local independent insurance agent can help you understand your different coverage options. That way, you can be sure you are getting a competitively priced policy that covers you against all of the potential hazards you are likely to face as a farm or ranch owner in the Pierre area.
Pierre Farm Insurance Covers against Liability Risks
As the owner of a farm or ranch, you have several liability risks. Farm liability insurance is designed to protect you from financial losses by paying your court costs, legal fees, and damages if you are sued for a covered event. An independent insurance agent can help you determine what kinds of liability coverage are right for you. There are several different kinds of liability coverage that can be included in your farm insurance policy. Some examples include:
- Premises liability insurance: This can pay for third-party damages and injuries if guests, visitors, or customers are involved in an accident while on your farm property.
- Product liability insurance: This can pay for third-party illnesses, injuries, or other damages if a product that is produced or sold by your farm is defective in some way.
- Operations liability insurance: This is designed to pay for third-party injuries or property damage caused by you or your workers in the course of running your farm.
- Farmworkers medical payments insurance: South Dakota does not require you to cover farm and agriculture with workers’ compensation insurance. Farmworkers medical payments coverage can limit your liability exposure by paying for your workers to obtain medical treatments for job-related injuries.
Save On Farm Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Pierre Farm Insurance Covers Your Property
Farm insurance also gives your property coverage. This is designed to pay the cost of repairing or replacing farm property if it is damaged by a covered event such as a severe storm, heavy winds, hail, fire, or freezing temperatures. Some of the property that your policy can cover includes:
- Your home: If your residence is on your farm or ranch property, farm insurance can provide you with coverage for the structure of your home as well as for the property (contents) inside it.
- Outbuildings: Your policy’s property coverage can cover the other buildings and structures on your property, including such things as fences, barns, sheds, silos, stables, and garages.
- Equipment and machinery: This covers loss or damage to farm equipment and machineries such as tractors, plows, balers, cultivators, sprayers, and sprinkler systems.
- Other property: You can also purchase endorsements to cover other property that is essential to the running of your farm or ranch such as irrigation systems, livestock, and feed.
A local independent insurance agent can help you find an affordable policy that will provide you with the right coverage for all of your farm or ranch property.
Pierre Farm Insurance Offers Specialized Coverage
Farm insurance providers typically offer additional coverage options. You can customize your policy by only purchasing the coverage options that makes sense for your particular farm or ranch. Your options include, but are not limited to:
- Equipment breakdown insurance: This can pay to quickly repair or replace malfunctioning farm equipment. That way, your farm can quickly return to its normal day-to-day operations.
- Farm income insurance: This can help make up the difference between expected and actual profits if a disaster like a wildfire, early frost, or hailstorm damages your crops, kills or sickens your livestock, or makes farm operations unmanageable.
- Debris cleanup and removal insurance: This can pay for the timely cleanup of debris if severe weather causes excessive damages to your farm or ranch.
Talk to an insurance agent near you to learn about these and other coverage options that are available to you. Your agent can help you decide which ones are a good fit for your Pierre area farm.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Pierre?
Because they live and work in the Pierre area, local independent insurance professionals are familiar with the risks faced by farm and ranch owners like you. They can offer you advice and guidance as you shop for farm insurance coverage. They can also help you find a suitable policy at a competitive price.
Contact an insurance agent near you to learn more about your options when it comes to farm and ranch insurance, and you can start comparing customized quotes in no time.