Compare Mobile Home Insurance
How to Find the Best Mobile Home Insurance
No two mobile homes and mobile home owners are exactly alike. Therefore, when you are shopping for insurance for your mobile or manufactured home, it’s very likely that you will not find any two policies that are exactly alike.
How can you compare policies and find the best mobile home insurance coverage for your budget? First, you will need to have detailed information about your specific mobile, manufactured or modular home and your needs. A local independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network can do the research necessary to find you multiple quotes from multiple companies.
Trusted Choice vs. Big Brands
The Trusted Choice brand is built on the customer focused integrity of more than 300,000 business owners, agents and employees nationwide. With more local insurance agents than State Farm and GEICO, this network of agencies serves more consumers and pays out more claims
Tips for Getting a Fair Comparison
- Find a reputable company that offers mobile and manufactured home insurance
- Determine what types of coverage you need for your mobile home
- Discuss some exclusions that might affect coverage and rates
- Discuss possible discounts that can save you money
How to Find the Best Insurance Company for Your Needs
Today an estimated 8 percent of all U.S. single-family homes are mobile or manufactured homes. The affordability and convenience of these homes have made them a popular choice for many Americans - but locating insurance companies that adequately cover these homes can be a challenge.
Independent agents are an excellent resource for finding insurance companies with an excellent rating and reputation, because they choose top companies to serve their customer’s needs. Independent agents live and work in their local communities, alongside the customers they serve. Independent agents in the Trusted Choice network have each signed a pledge of performance committing to quality service and customer advocacy.
How to Assess Your Particular Insurance Needs
To find the best mobile, manufactured or modular home insurance for you, fully assess the coverage you need. An agent can give you a range of quotes and options tailored to your needs when you supply specific information about your home. Besides the state your modular, mobile or manufactured home is located in, some of the other questions to be answered are:
- What company manufactured the home, and when was it built?
- What materials are used in the construction of the home?
- Is this a full-time home, a seasonal home, or just a hunting/fishing lodge for occasional weekend trips?
- Is the home located in a mobile home park, on private property or on a piece of land owned by someone else?
- Will this home be moved from one location to another?
- Do you live in a region that has weather risks, like tornadoes, hurricanes, wildfires or earthquakes?
- Is your home located in a flood plain, where you might need a flood insurance policy?
- Do you have valuables or specialty items like firearms that might need coverage above and beyond what a basic policy would cover?
- Do you want actual cash value coverage (which takes into account depreciation) or replacement cost coverage?
- Are there special requirements or laws in your state that will affect the coverage you get?
Compare Mobile Home Insurance Coverage and Rates
Once you and your insurance agent have covered your coverage needs, the next step will be to provide all of that data to several top insurance carriers who can then give quotes on your manufactured or modular home insurance coverage.
When reviewing each of the quotes you receive, be sure to evaluate not only the costs of each insurance policy, but also how well you will be covered under various scenarios, including:
- Storm damage
- Complete loss, including all of your personal possessions
- Burglary, vandalism and arson
Watch for Exclusions in Your Mobile Home Policy
Another factor to consider when you’re looking for comparisons is to dig into the fine print of a quote and pay attention to all exclusions. Every mobile home policy has exclusions, which are events or claims that your policy will not cover.
For example, if you live in "Tornado Alley" – a section of the U.S. that experiences the most tornadoes each year – you might want to make sure that the policies you are evaluating do not have damage from tornadoes specifically excluded from coverage.
Another thing to consider is the coverage you will have if your mobile home becomes unlivable due to an event like a tornado or fire. Does the mobile home insurance policy cover expenses for temporary housing while your home is being repaired or rebuilt? It's a good idea to work with your agent to make sure you have a plan in place for the worst case scenario.
What About Discounts?
Various insurance companies not only have a variety of coverage types and exclusions, but they also provide various discounts that can help you save on your premiums. Your agent can work with you to find out what discounts are available, and how those discounts would affect the quotes you receive. Some of the more common discounts available include:
- Safety discounts for having fire or burglar alarms installed in the home
- A senior discount for being above a certain age
- A discount for having great credit
- “Claims-free” discount for not filing a claim over a number of years
- Discount for being the first or original owner of the home
- Multi-policy discount for having home and auto insurance with the same company
Your Trusted Choice member agent can collect all of the comparable quotes and sit down with you to compare rates, coverage amounts, exclusions and discounts so you can make an educated choice on the very best insurance to fit your needs.
It can be very time-consuming and confusing to compare mobile home insurance companies on your own. Working with a Trusted Choice member agent can give you peace of mind because the agent does all the work for you. Your agent will get to know you and understand your needs and match you with the best insurance company.
Contact a local independent agent today to compare mobile and manufactured home insurance options and protect your most valuable asset.
« End of box »