Get Mobile Home Insurance Quotes
Get Free Manufactured and Mobile Home Insurance Quotes
Mobile, manufactured and modular home insurance policies are not the same as standard homeowners insurance. This is primarily because insurance companies view these homes differently due to the difference in construction materials and methods. In some areas, the risk of wind, fire or severe damage is higher for manufactured homes. Additionally, because these homes are factory built, they tend to be constructed of lighter-weight materials that may not hold up well over time.
Be sure to talk about the various issues affecting mobile, manufactured and modular home insurance with an experienced agent. Contact an independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network today to get quotes for mobile and manufactured home insurance or modular home owners policies.
Tips for Finding the Best Mobile Home Insurance Quotes
- Work with a knowledgeable independent agent
- Ask for help evaluating risks including tornadoes, hurricanes and other severe weather
- Take a home inventory of personal belongings, including all luxury items you want to cover, and provide this list to your agent
- List any outdoor toys or recreational vehicles you want to add to your manufactured home policy, such as canoes, snowmobiles or ATVs
- Determine whether you want coverage for the depreciated value or replacement value of your home and belongings
Get Accurate Mobile Home Insurance Quotes
To get the most accurate mobile home insurance quotes, you will need to provide information about your home and belongings. For example, your agent will need details such as the following:
- Records indicating your home’s purchase price, any upgrades and a recent valuation
- Make and square footage of your home, as well as your lot size
- Your current insurer, if applicable
- Any prior claims on your homeowners policy
- Whether you own the lot itself, or just the structure
Considerations for Mobile Home Insurance Quotes
When you review manufactured home insurance quotes, look for a policy that provides the coverage you need for damage to the home itself and any additional structures, such as storage sheds. Then make sure your belongings are covered, not just the structure of the home. Read the policy carefully to ensure that it covers vandalism, fire, burglary and weather hazards.
Note that manufactured home policies may cover water damage from burst pipes, but rarely cover flood damage. Ask your agent whether you live in a flood plain, and whether you are advised to buy a flood insurance policy. Flooding insurance is a separate coverage plan offered through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Many independent agents can provide these plans out of their agency offices, in addition to mobile and manufactured home insurance.
The best mobile home insurance quotes will provide adequate coverage for your home and belongings, and will fit your budgetary needs. Ensure that you will have the coverage you need in the event that you have a loss – contact an agent in the Trusted Choice network today to get personalized assistance.
« End of box »