Insuring a manufactured or mobile home can be costly. There are certain risks that exist with mobile or manufactured homes because they are built with light weight materials and are typically not built on a permanent foundation. Modular homes are grouped with mobile and manufactured homes by some insurers because they are factory built in pieces and then transported to the building site.
If you know where to look, you can find discounts on mobile, modular and manufactured home insurance policies. A local independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network is an excellent resource when you want to get all of your questions answered about mobile home insurance deals and discounts to meet your budget requirements.
Ways to Get Mobile Home Insurance Discounts
- Improve the safety of your mobile home with burglar alarms, dead bolts and smoke detectors
- Bundle multiple policies, such as home and auto, with one insurance company
- Remain claims-free
If you follow these three tips, you are much more likely to earn deals and discounts on your mobile home insurance. Small changes and improvements to the security of your home and some strategic choices with your current insurance policies can help you save. Also, if you don’t file claims on your policy, your rates will not be nearly as high as if you’re filing frequently.
Types of Mobile Home Insurance Discounts
One of the most important things you can do to find mobile and manufactured home insurance discounts is comparison shop between several different companies. The first company you get quotes from is not necessarily going to have the cheapest premiums. Comparing quotes can be a time consuming process. However, if you work with an independent agent, your agent can get several competitive quotes from different insurance companies for you.
The following are some additional discounts you may qualify for. Not all of these discounts are available in every state, but these are some of the more common deals and savings available from companies that offer mobile and manufactured home insurance:
- Multi-policy discounts: Many companies will give discounts (as much as 15%) if you purchase multiple lines of insurance from them. Homeowners and auto insurance are the most common insurance policies that can be combined or bundled. Some companies will also bundle your insurance on your boat, RV and other vehicles as well.
- Claims-free discounts: If you go a year or more without filing a claim, you may receive a mobile home insurance discount.
- Discount for safety and security: Taking measures to improve the safety and security of your mobile home can result in premium reductions. Tell your insurance agent about any extra security measures you have in place or any new ones that you install after buying your policy. Safety and security measures that your insurance company may make note of include burglar alarm systems, dead bolts, fire extinguishers, fire sprinklers, and smoke detectors.
- Lower rates for good credit: You may earn reduced rates if you have excellent credit. Insurance companies have determined that those with good credit records are statistically less risky to cover.
- Original owner discount: If you are the first owner of your mobile or manufactured home, you may qualify for a break on your premium. If your home is a new model you will pay less for your insurance as well.
- Age discount: If you are between 46 to 65 or older, depending on the insurance company, you may qualify for an discount.
It is important to check with your Trusted Choice independent agent to find out what discounts you qualify for.
More Tips on Reducing Your Manufactured Home Insurance Rates
In addition to looking for discounts, there are several other things you can do to reduce your manufactured home insurance rates further. For example:
- To mitigate damage due to severe weather, make sure your manufactured home has proper tie-downs and ground anchors.
- Add a security fence around your mobile home, if possible.
- Consider increasing your deductible if you feel confident that you would be able to pay a higher deductible in the event of a loss.
- Another quick money-saving tip is to make sure you don’t overinsure. There is no need to have $150,000 in property coverage when your home is only worth $75,000.
Note that research has shown that about two-thirds of homes are actually under-insured. An independent agent can work with you to make sure you have adequate coverage to protect your assets and your savings.
Can I Save Money By Shopping Online for Manufactured Home Insurance?
Online quotes for manufactured home insurance can help you save, and can help you efficiently comparison shop between several insurers. When you need help choosing the right company, or have questions about the best mobile home insurance for your situation, an independent agent can be a great resource.
An independent agent will get to know you, your home and your situation, and can make sure your insurance will adequately cover you. Your local independent agent can also look for discounts you qualify for to help you save money on your mobile home insurance.
Not all homeowners are alike, and not all homes are alike. Your Trusted Choice independent insurance agent will customize a policy to meet your needs and your budget. Your agent will make sure your insurance keeps up with the changing value of your home, and help you file claims if damage or loss happens. Contact an agent in your area today who can give you the best quotes and save you time and money.
« End of box »