Decatur, AL, has a population of over 54,405 residents, making it a larger town. With Alabama having the third-highest rate of fatal commercial truck accidents in the US, protection is necessary. If you own a business in Decatur, AL, a commercial vehicle policy can help.
An independent insurance agent will help find commercial vehicle insurance for an affordable price. This policy is regulated on a state and federal level with limits of insurance required. Get connected with an expert to begin.
Why Do Decatur, AL, Businesses Need Commercial Vehicle Insurance?
In Decatur, AL, it is mandatory to carry commercial vehicle insurance. There are specific state and even federal guidelines that must be met to comply with the law. The Alabama Highway Safety Office has a drive safe initiative to help drivers become more aware. According to their reports, these are some Alabama statistics.
- In Alabama, almost 56% of road fatalities did not wear seat belts.
- 49% of all Alabama road fatalities occurred at night, including dusk and dawn.
- In Alabama, most fatal crashes occur on a Saturday.
- Friday is when most accidents occur in Alabama.
- A road accident in Alabama occurs every 197 seconds.
When you're business runs heavy loads across state lines, you'll have two responsibilities.
- Insurance will most likely need to comply with Alabama and federal regulations.
- You'll need to list the materials your company transports.
How Much Does Commercial Vehicle Insurance Cost in Decatur, AL?
- In Decatur, AL, numerous items set your business insurance premiums. Carriers use your business data and more to calculate your final costs. Check out the risk factors that companies use to determine your pricing below.
- Year, make, and model of all vehicles
- The radius in which you travel
- The number of drivers and their motor vehicle records
- What the vehicles are used for
- The coverage you choose
- Where you store the vehicles
- What safety measures you have in place
- The time of day or night these vehicles are driven
Along with the above factors, insurers look at even more to figure your premiums. From loss history, insurance scores, and local weather, you'll be rated on it all. To have the best chance at low prices and accurate coverage, get multiple quotes.
What Are the Commercial Vehicle Coverage Requirements in Decatur, AL?
In Decatur, AL, commercial vehicles will need to have the minimum limits of liability to meet state law. If you're using heavy trucks and tractors, you'll have to follow the Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines, and federal regulation could apply. Check out the state's requirements below.
Alabama's minimum liability requirements for commercial vehicles
- $25,000 property damage liability per accident
- $50,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 bodily injury liability per person
Alabama's DOT minimum liability requirements for oversized vehicles / loads
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $300.000 property damage liability per accident
- $1,000,000 if a combined single limit policy
There have been 173 fatal accidents due to heavy tractor-trailer trucks in the past year. The minimum limits of liability may not provide all the coverage your business needs. While you won't be required to carry more insurance, consider reviewing your policy with an expert.
What Else Does Decatur, AL, Commercial Vehicle Insurance Cover?
Commercial vehicle insurance is essential when running a smooth operation. With 2,955,000 commercial truck registrations per year in Alabama, there is plenty of reason to have sufficient coverage. Your standard commercial auto policy will only include liability protection, with everything else needing to be added. Take a look at the optional coverages below.
Rental car insurance: This covers the cost of renting a commercial vehicle while your company-owned auto is being repaired.
Towing and roadside assistance: This will pay for a tow to pick up your disabled commercial auto.
Non-owned or hired auto liability insurance: If an employee or contractor uses a non-company-owned vehicle while doing business on your behalf, this will cover your exposure.
Uninsured motorist insurance: If your commercial auto is involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, this provides coverage for property damage and medical costs.
Comprehensive insurance: This covers the cost to repair or replace your commercial vehicle if it is lost or damaged due to a non-collision accident.
Collision insurance: This will replace or repair your commercial auto that is damaged due to an accident.
Why Work with an Independent Agent in Decatur, AL?
Protection for your business is essential for growth and stability. When you have the right commercial vehicle insurance, you'll avoid a huge financial lawsuit. If you're looking for the best coverage at a low cost, consider using a professional.
An independent insurance agent works with several carriers, giving you options. When you're tired of doing it alone, an adviser can help. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.