The state of Florida has picturesque beaches and top-notch tourist attractions. The state also has a huge ATV following. With such a large number of ATV riders in Florida, it's no surprise that ATV accidents and property damage are a concern. ATV insurance is one way to protect yourself and your finances. The following information will help you assess your current coverage and help you get quotes and new coverage for your ATV.
Use our independent agent matching system to find the best insurance plan in your area. You tell us what you’re looking for, and our technology will recommend the best agents for you. Any information you provide will be sent to only the agents you pick. We do not sell to third parties.
Relevant Florida ATV Facts
- There have been 485 reported deaths related to ATV use in FL between the years of 1982 and 2011.
- 25% of those deaths were of children.
- FL ranks third in the United States for the number of ATV accidents.
- ATV injuries are most common in white men 18 to 30 years old.
- 80% of ATV injuries are to the driver, not the passenger.
When riding your ATV, it's important to be prepared. This includes wearing a helmet; having safety equipment on your ATV; and bringing along water, a first aid kit and other supplies in case of emergency. ATV insurance acts much like a first aid kit in that, in case of emergency, it's nice to have and may even save your financial life from disaster.
What Is ATV Insurance in Florida?
ATV insurance is a set of policies that provides protection from some of the most common incidents that ATV riders are involved in. An ATV policy resembles auto insurance and may offer the following:
- ATV collision insurance: ATV collision insurance helps to get you the repairs you need if you're involved in an accident with your ATV.
- ATV comprehensive insurance: Comprehensive insurance covers "everything other than collision" and includes incidents like run-ins with wildlife, rocks, theft and weather events.
- ATV bodily injury and property damage liability coverage: If you're involved in an accident, this insurance covers damage to the injured party.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Many ATV riders carry little to no insurance on their ATVs. If you're involved in an ATV accident, the at-fault rider may not be able to cover your losses or medical bills. This insurance helps to cover the losses incurred.
- Medical payments coverage: If you are involved in an ATV accident and the injuries sustained require medical treatment, this insurance helps to pay for those costs.
What Types of ATVs Does ATV Insurance Cover in Florida?
ATV insurance can cover a number of different types of ATVs. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Racing ATV
This is not an all-inclusive list. If you have an ATV other than one of the types listed above, be sure to speak with an insurance agent about coverage options.
How Much Does ATV Insurance Cost in Florida?
A variety of factors determines your ATV insurance price quotes. When you decide to look for ATV insurance coverage, make sure you are aware of the following before getting quotes:
- Type of ATV
- Value of ATV
- Engine size
- Whether you will have passengers
- Whether others will drive ATV
- Where ATV will be used
- Where ATV will be stored
- Whether ATV will be on a trailer
- Preferred coverage
- Preferred deductibles
- Your driving record
- Whether you own or are financing ATV
Insurers will consider all these factors before giving you quotes to ensure you’ll be getting the best coverage for your individual situation, exposure and risks.
Are There Discounts Available on ATV Insurance in Florida?
As with many other insurance policies, ATV insurance discounts are available for those who qualify. These discounts can add up to big savings, so be sure to inquire about the following:
- Multi-policy discounts
- New customer discounts
- Loyal customer discounts
- Paid-in-full discounts
- Security system discounts
- Safety course discounts
- Industry affiliation/professional group discounts
Each insurance company offers its customers different discounts, so when you're shopping for coverage, be sure to ask about any discounts you may not be aware of.
How To Get ATV Insurance in Florida
When it comes to getting insurance to cover your ATV in Florida, it's critical to have a professional insurance agent by your side to ensure that you're getting the best coverage at the best price. A Trusted Choice® agent is always available to review coverage options, suggest policy changes or even help you file a claim.
Contact your local Trusted Choice agent for information on quotes and getting budget-friendly ATV coverage.