Dunedin, FL is located just west of Tampa along the Gulf Shore. As one of the oldest towns on the west coast of Florida, Dunedin has some of the Sunshine State’s best scenic parks and beautiful beaches. The quaint downtown offers many great amenities that would help a small business grow and thrive. In recent years, there were 2,180,556 small businesses in Florida, providing employment to 3,000,167 people. Of course, owning a business also carries some heavy risks. Recently, loss payouts to Florida businesses totaled $19,737,799. Independent Insurance Agents can help you minimize your risk with affordable Dunedin business insurance.
If you own a business in this area, it is best to be prepared to face the risk of severe weather. In addition to bad weather, businesses also have the risk of liability lawsuits and cybercrime. Our agents will help you choose the most important business insurance coverages to protect your company and help you succeed in Dunedin.
Reliable liability insurance is essential for running a small business. Liability lawsuits happen every single day and can financially devastate a business. According to a recent Travelers Business Risk Summary, 60% of small-business owners ranked medical cost inflation as their highest concern and more than 30% said they felt the least prepared to handle this issue. When you invest in liability coverage, you have a buffer of protection that keeps your company afloat even if you encounter a lawsuit.
- Product Liability: According to a national study, 71% of product liability awards by the courts amount to $1 million or more. Product liability lawsuits can get expensive. All it takes is customers complaining that your product caused them harm and you will find yourself in the middle of a mess. That’s why product liability insurance is crucial if you manufacture, design or sell any type of physical goods in Dunedin.
- Errors & Omissions/Professional Liability: For businesses that offer services rather than a product, professional liability insurance is best. Contractors, consultants and other professionals that offer services are still at risk for liability insurance. A disgruntled client could file a lawsuit claiming errors or omissions, putting all of your hard work in jeopardy instantaneously. E&O liability insurance protects businesses from this type of threat.
Business Interruption Insurance for Dunedin Businesses
- Gross domestic product in recent years: 2.2%
- Florida gross state product in recent years: 2.2%
Dunedin is located along the Gulf Shore, so business owners face a high threat of severe weather. If your business is damaged in a hurricane or from floodwaters, you might be facing months of repairs. During the time it takes to repair all the damage, you will lose much-needed revenue. Business interruption insurance protects small businesses after catastrophic interruptions by providing compensation for lost revenue during the time you are unable to operate.
Property Insurance for Dunedin Businesses
- Number of natural disasters in recent years: 119
- Only 61% of losses from natural disasters were covered
- Total uncovered property damage in recent years: $9.7 billion
Florida is ranked as the second most dangerous state in the nation for natural disasters. The primary threat is hurricanes, followed closely by flooding and wildfires. If your commercial property is damaged in a natural disaster, having a reliable property insurance policy pays off in big ways. You can file and claim and receive the money you need to rebuild or make repairs without tapping into your company’s bank account.
Workers' Compensation for Dunedin Businesses
In most states across the nation, businesses are legally required to have a workman’s compensation policy in place before hiring the first employee. If an employee is injured on a job site or develops a work-related illness, workman’s comp pays for medical care and lost wages for the employee. Accidents can happen, but if you have workers' comp, you have peace of mind that you can provide the best care for your employees while also protecting your business from an employee lawsuit.
Employee Coverages for Dunedin Businesses
- Total recent spending on premiums in Florida: $3,131,293
- Ranked 49th for the highest premiums in the U.S.
- Annual cost of health care for small businesses in recent years: $5,408/person or $16,070/family
Health insurance premiums seem to go up every year, leaving many Americans searching for new job opportunities that provide employee benefits. As a small-business owner, you may find it difficult to offer employee coverages, thanks to high rates and annual increases. Our agents specialize in helping small businesses find the most affordable health and life insurance options for their employees. Our experienced agents offer free rate quotes on multiple policies, helping you find a reliable employee cover plan at a cost that your business can afford.
Cyber Crime Insurance for Dunedin Businesses
- 37,059 identity theft complaints in Florida in recent years
- Ranked #1 highest for identity theft complaints in the U.S.
Florida has more annual identity theft complaints than any other state in the country. Yet reports show that only 22% of small businesses have a response plan in place to deal with data breaches and cyber-attacks. With most small businesses using technology in their day-to-day operations, cybercrime is a growing threat. Make sure you have a cybercrime policy added to your comprehensive Dunedin business insurance plan. If your company faces a serious data breach, cybercrime insurance provides the resources you need to get back on track.
As a business owner, one of the most important decisions you will make concerning the future of your business is what type of commercial insurance is best for your company. Starting a business takes countless hours of work, so make sure your important investment is protected. Our independent insurance agents take the guesswork out of shopping for business insurance by providing one-on-one support and customized quotes on multiple policies.
If you’re looking for affordable Dunedin commercial insurance, contact an agent today for a free quote.