Whether your lifestyle in Doral is the go-go life of an entrepreneur or filled with relaxed days at the Doral Golf Resort, you know that there is no place more prestigious and luxurious anywhere. This fabulous community offers so much for those who have achieved it, with access to all the great things that the Miami area has to offer. For all of this, however, a car is absolutely essential to get around - and to own a car in Florida means having car insurance.
In order to find the best Doral car insurance that fits your needs, talk to an Independent Insurance Agent today. They shop around to many different agencies and get multiple quotes so that you can compare and find the most affordable insurance to fit your lifestyle. It’s no secret that the roads around Miami get crazy at times, so it comes as no surprise that car insurance in Florida is among the most expensive in the nation. A few statistics from recent years:
- The US average is $1,311 per year for car insurance premiums.
- Florida averages are $1,742 every year.
- The Sunshine State ranks 5th overall in car insurance cost.
- Claimed loses totaled $19,737,799 in Florida alone.
Car insurance is not just about protecting your car in case of an accident and keeping it looking great. The real costs from accidents come from injuries suffered, and medical bills can be nearly unlimited in potential liability even in relatively minor accidents. You have to have the right coverage for the very high risk that you take just by getting on the roads every day.
Florida Car Insurance Requirements
Car insurance is required by state law in Florida. There are minimum levels of protection that every driver has to have in key categories:
- Bodily Injury Liability - State law requires a minimum of $10,000 per person covered and a minimum of $20,000 total for all persons injured in an accident.
- Property Damage Liability - The state requires a minimum of $20,000 in protection against damage to any property in an accident.
- Personal Injury Protection - This is also required for all motorists, with a minimum of $10,000 in protection against injury.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage - Coverage against uninsured drivers is required in Florida, but you should seriously consider it.
Beyond the basic requirements of state law, you can also choose to have comprehensive coverage for your vehicle. This will take care of any scrapes and dings whether caused in a parking lot or on the roads. If you have a new car that you want to keep looking its best at all times, you may want to consider having a fully comprehensive package that will take care of everything for you.
Number of Uninsured Motorists in Florida
While insurance is required by state law, a shockingly high percentage of drivers in Florida do not carry any. That means that when an accident happens you are left on your own to cover any expenses unless you have chosen to have uninsured motorist coverage as part of your Doral auto insurance package.
How important is this? Consider the following stats from recent years:
- Nationally 12.6% of all drivers do not have insurance.
- In Florida that figure is a stunning 23.8%.
With nearly one drive in four not carrying insurance, there is a good chance that if you are in an accident you will have to cover the expenses yourself. If your car is critical to your daily routine to keep your business operating you will need uninsured motorist coverage.
Number of Auto Thefts in Florida
While Florida is well known for some wild things on the road, it is surprisingly typical and even a bit lower than average when it comes to auto theft. Some more statistics from recent years:
- The US average is 2.94 thefts per 1,000.
- In Florida the rate is 2.46 per 1,000 cars.
That’s not to say you shouldn’t worry about this or select less coverage. Some models are targeted by thieves for a wide variety of reasons. If you are considering buying a new car you may want to check with your agent to see if a car you are considering is particularly expensive. No matter what, you can do a lot to protect yourself from theft by being careful where you park and always turning on your alarm.
Find a Great Doral Car Insurance Policy
It’s hard to manage the cost and liabilities from simply getting around every day without expert advice you can trust. Talk to an independent insurance agent today to get the information you need to find the best coverage for your lifestyle at the best price possible. They will help you find the policy you need so that you can drive without worrying even when it gets especially wild on the roads.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.