With over 2,500,000 Florida small business owners, insurance can help. Chiropractors liability coverage comes in many different forms. If you own a practice, some things are necessary to know.
An independent insurance agent can set you on the right track with protection. They have access to several carriers, giving you options. Connect with a local expert for customized quotes.
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Cover?
Florida chiropractors liability insurance will supply several different kinds of protection. There are many separate liability policies your practice will have to choose. Take a look at your options below.
General liability insurance will cover
- Bodily injury coverage
- Property damage coverage
- Libel and slander coverage
Malpractice liability insurance will cover
- Assault coverage for claims made against you or your staff
- License protection coverage
- Damage to the property of others
- First aid coverage
- Legal representation
- Defendant expense benefits
- Personal liability coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Medical payment protection
Umbrella liability insurance will cover
- Additional coverage for bodily injury
- Additional coverage for property damage
- Additional coverage for libel and slander
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Not Cover?
Just like any business policy, your Florida chiropractors liability insurance will come with some exclusions. There are key coverages that will be excluded entirely or insured on another policy form. Check out some standard chiropractors liability exclusions.
- Business property: This falls under a business property policy
- Equipment: This falls under an equipment breakdown policy
- Employee wages: This will fall under workers' compensation insurance in some cases
- Vehicles: This will fall under a commercial auto policy
- Floods: This is a separate flood policy
- Earthquakes: This is a separate earthquake policy
Every carrier is different, and your chiropractors liability may have some other exclusions. There is also a chance that your policy will include some unusual coverages. To know what your chiropractors liability insurance will cover, review your policy.
Are Chiropractors Required to Carry Malpractice Insurance?
Medical malpractice insurance is coverage for all doctors alike who have the potential of getting sued. It is more common to see lawsuits concerning chiropractors. As chiropractic services become popular, claims arise.
- Malpractice occurs when a doctor, healthcare provider, or chiropractor deviates from the medical community's usual standards and causes injury or death to the patient.
In Florida, it's not mandated that you carry malpractice as a chiropractor. If you work for another practice, they may require you to have this policy on your own. Regardless of whether it's regulated or not, malpractice is highly necessary when dealing with patients.
How Much Do Chiropractors Pay for Malpractice Insurance?
Similar to your other business insurance policies, premiums are customized. The price of your malpractice will be dependent on a variety of factors. Take a look below at what affects your malpractice costs.
- Your safety practices
- Prior malpractice claims
- How experienced you are as a chiropractor
- How your office is set up
- How much coverage you select
- What you allow your staff to do
- Your gross annual sales
In Florida, there are numerous ways your practice could have a malpractice lawsuit. It only takes one instance, and your entire financial future is compromised. Exact pricing can be obtained through your local adviser.
How to Connect with a Florida Independent Agent
Florida chiropractors liability insurance can be confusing if you're not a licensed professional. To ensure you are protected from all that could occur, review your coverage. Your practice could avoid financial ruin by getting the right policy.
An independent insurance agent can help with several carriers and premium options. They do the shopping on your behalf at no cost. Connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice.com to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.