Founded in 1872, Dodge City is now home to 27,720 residents. This wild frontier town of the Old West still holds its culture, history, and charm today. If you’re among Dodge City’s property owners, you’ll want to protect your investment with a reliable homeowners insurance policy.
Finding a policy can be complicated, but with an independent insurance agent, it will be simple. They’ll comparison shop for you and find the right coverage that fits your budget. Contact an insurance agent near you to learn more and start comparing quotes.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Dodge City, KS?
Home insurance in Kansas is usually higher than the national average, but in Dodge City, the rate is usually closer to the national average. This is good news for residents who are looking for affordable home coverage.
- National yearly premium average: $1,211
- Kansas yearly premium average: $1,584
- Dodge City, KS, yearly premium average: $1,121
Keep in mind that the rates listed are just the averages. Your actual premium can vary significantly because costs are based on a number of factors. Your rate may be influenced by things like:
- The size, age, and value of your home
- The materials used in your home’s construction
- The crime rate and weather risks
- Whether you are bundling your coverage with other policies like car insurance or life insurance
An independent agent can help you obtain customized quotes from a variety of reliable providers. Each company has its own method of calculating rates, so comparing quotes lets you choose the policy that provides you with the best value.
What Kinds of Damage Does Dodge City, KS, Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Your home insurance policy is there to cover you against many of the risks you face as a property owner in Dodge City. This includes damage caused by a number of extreme weather events.
- Number of federally declared disasters in Kansas: 79
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Severe storms
- Average number of tornados per year in Kansas: 96
- Average amount paid in home insurance claims per year: $537,799,000
As a Dodge City resident, you are most at risk for property damage caused by severe storms, flooding and tornados. Your home insurance policy will help cover damage to the structure of your home and the contents. A local insurance agent can help you review your property coverage limits so you can be sure that they are enough to rebuild and place it in the event of a disaster.
Do You Need a Flood Insurance Policy in Dodge City, KS?
Most homeowners don’t realize that their home insurance policy does not cover damage caused by floods. Rated as the second-highest risk you face as a property owner, it’s a good idea to add-on a flood insurance policy. This will cover:
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Furnaces and water heaters
- Carpets, cabinets, paneling, and bookcases
- Detached garages
Talk to your agent to learn about your options for coverage.
Does Your Dodge City Homeowners Insurance Have Liability Protection?
Your Dodge City home insurance policy covers more than just your personal property, it also protects you against potential liability claims. Homeowners liability insurance is designed to cover expenses such as court costs, legal fees, and damage if you are at fault for any covered events. Some instances you may need this coverage include:
- If your dog gets loose and bites a delivery person
- If a guest in your home falls down the staircase
- If you're playing baseball in the front yard and accidentally throw the ball through your neighbor’s window
- If you’re accused of libel or slander after posting a negative review online
If you're held responsible for these cases, your home insurance policy is likely to cover the costs. Connect with an agent to learn about all your home insurance policy can do for you.
What Is the Property Crime Rate in Dodge City, KS?
The burglary rate in Kansas is much higher than the national average, but in Dodge City, the rate stays around the national average.
(Rate per 100,000 people)
- National burglary rate: 376
- Kansas burglary rate: 430.6
- Dodge City, KS, burglary rate: 367.5
If your house is broken into, your homeowners insurance will provide you with compensation for your losses. When you need to file a claim, your independent agent can help guide you through the process.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Dodge City, KS?
Independent insurance agents make is it simple to find the best and most affordable homeowners insurance policy. They work with several different insurance companies to obtain multiple customized quotes. Contact an insurance agent near Dodge City to find the right home insurance policy.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.