Olathe, KS, is a family-friendly town with a rich heritage. The city has a densely populated community, which makes for a more active population.
If you own a home in this 137,472 resident place, you'll want protection. An independent insurance agent can help you find a policy that fits your criteria. Connect with a local agent to get started today.
Are You at Risk for a Home Burglary in Olathe, KS?
Property crime is usually outside of your control, but it still affects your insurance. Carriers use the local crime rate to determine how safe a town is. The safer the city, the less you'll pay in premiums. Let's look at the numbers:
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 households in the US: 376
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 households in KS: 430.6
- Number of burglaries per 100,000 households in Olathe: 105.6
A burglary could happen to anyone at any moment. In Olathe, you are at risk for a break-in just like everywhere else. You'll need the right coverage when a loss occurs. The best thing to do is speak with a free, knowledgeable resource like an independent agent on your home insurance.
How to Protect Your Family from Natural Disasters in Olathe, KS
Natural disasters can occur at a moment's notice. You'll want to have a home policy that responds accordingly. Let's take a look at the fact for Kansas:
- The average number of tornadoes: 96
- The most common natural disaster: Severe storm
- The number of claims paid in 2016: 537,799,000
- The number of federally declared catastrophes since 1953: 79
Top five property risks in Olathe, KS:
- Ice storms
Severe weather and catastrophic events usually have coverage under your home policy. Flood damage is the one exception where you'll need separate insurance.
Flood Insurance Is Excluded from Your Home Policy in Olathe, KS
Since flood damage is excluded from your primary home policy, you'll need flood insurance protection. Separate insurance is necessary to cover a loss. The best way to obtain proper coverage is through an agent.
To get adequate flood protection, do this:
- Contact your Olathe independent agent
- Determine the flood zone with your agent
- Have your agent quote flood insurance
- Purchase coverage through the best option presented
All homes, no matter what flood zone you are in, are at risk for flooding. With flood as the top occurrence in Olathe, you'll want protection. Speak with your independent agent to get started.
What Will Your Liability Insurance Cover in Olathe, KS?
Liability insurance is often required on your home policy by lenders and carriers. In addition to it being required, it's essential coverage to have. When a lawsuit arises, you'll want to be prepared. Check out how liability insurance would apply:
- Bodily injury to another person on your property
- A dog bite injury to another party
- Damage to another person's property
There are a shockingly large number of claims that will exceed your primary liability limits. Once they get that far, you'd have to pay out of pocket. With umbrella insurance, you can avoid the massive expense and have a backup. An independent agent can show you just how affordable umbrella coverage is.
How to Save Money on Your Home Insurance Premiums in Olathe, KS
When it comes to insurance costs, the more ways to save, the better. Premiums will be different for every person. You should be aware of the averages:
- National average: $1,211
- Kansas average: $1,584
There are some things you can do to lower your home insurance expenses overall. Take a look at what the carriers use to determine rates and how you can impact them.
- Your credit score: You can build good credit, which will give you a better premium.
- Coverage selected: You can choose cost-saving coverages and bundle policies to lower rates.
- Carrier discounts: There are discounts that carriers offer if you have home updates that will allow you to save annually.
There are plenty of other ways to save on your insurance premiums for your home, auto, and business policies. Speak with an Olathe independent agent to find all the ways you can get the most coverage for a low price.
Why You Need an Independent Insurance Agent in Olathe, KS
An independent insurance agent is local to Olathe and a big part of your community. They work with several carriers so that you can find the best coverage for the lowest price.
An independent agent is also free. They cost nothing and do all the work for you. To get connected with a local expert fast, go to TrustedChoice.com today.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.