With its historical background, Independence, MO has a lot to offer. Once better known for the fur trade industry, it's now a growing city with 117,306 residents.
If Independence is your home, you are likely to need car insurance to get around. An independent insurance agent can assist with a policy to fit your needs and budget. Connect with a local agent in minutes.
Independence, MO Car Insurance Requirements
Car insurance requirements are set for every state, and Missouri is no different. When you are driving in Independence, you'll need coverage to match the minimum mandate.
Missouri State Auto Insurance Requirements
- Minimum liability of $25,000 per person/$50,000 per accident/ $10,000 property damage
Most of the time, what the state requires for car insurance is too low to cover a claim. With the average price of a vehicle being over $36,000 in today's market, your limits need to be adequate. To have proper protection, connect with your independent agent.
Is Uber Covered under Your Independence, MO Auto Policy?
Your personal auto policy will exclude coverage for business ventures. In particular, your car insurance won't cover livery or rideshare services. Here are some things to ask your independent agent if you are a rideshare driver:
- Does my current auto policy provide coverage when I am transporting people?
- Do I need a separate business auto policy?
- Does my current auto policy provide coverage when I am transporting parcels?
- Which carriers would provide coverage during for-hire livery or rideshare services?
The majority of the time, you will need a separate commercial auto policy to have proper protection. An independent agent can quote coverage through many carriers.
Additional Coverage for Your Independence, MO Auto Policy
Even though you are only required by law to have minimum limits of liability, you should also consider optional coverages. To have enough protection for a loss, these are a must. Let's look at optional coverages for your auto policy:
- Gap coverage: Pays for the difference between the value of your vehicle and the amount left on the loan should a total loss occur.
- Tow coverage: Pays for a tow of a covered auto.
- Rental car coverage: Pays for a rental car to replace a damaged covered auto.
- Medical payments coverage: Pays for your medical payments if you are in an at-fault accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: Pays for property damage resulting from a non-collision incident such as fire, vandalism, falling objects, or being hit by an animal.
- Collision coverage: Pays for property damage resulting from a collision between you and another party or property.
There are numerous coverage options when it comes to auto insurance. What's best for you may be different for someone else. To have coverage that is accurate and sufficient, speak with your local agent.
Do You Need Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Insurance in Independence, MO?
Uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage will provide coverage when you are in an accident with an uninsured driver. It will pay for property damage and medical expenses when you're not at fault. Let's look at the percentage of uninsured drivers:
- National: 13.0%
- Missouri: 14.0%
In Missouri, 14.0% of drivers are uninsured, and some of them share the road with you and your loved ones. If you're without the state-mandated uninsured motorist coverage, then you could be fined on top of not having insurance for a claim. Connect with your independent agent to find out which limit is right for you.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
How Theft Rates Impact Your Independence Car Insurance Premiums
When you are the victim of a break-in, the last thing you want to think about is if you have enough theft insurance. Your auto policy should have comprehensive coverage in the event your vehicle gets broken into. Take a look at the theft rates per 100,000 vehicles:
- National average: 228.90
- Missouri average: 323.40
- Independence average: 3,581.00
Independence theft rates are pretty high compared to the state and national averages. The best way to determine how the local crime rate will impact your premiums is to speak with your agent.
The Cost of Car Insurance in Independence, MO
Auto insurance premiums are individualized to each person. When you are comparing costs with a neighbor, keep in mind that everyone has different rates depending on the following risk factors:
- Crime rates
- Natural disasters
- Coverage selected
- Your claims history
- Your credit score
- Policy discounts
- Your address
Car Insurance Premium Averages
- National annual average: $2,305
- Missouri annual average: $3,111
Your Independence auto premium may be higher or lower than the state or national averages. Since your coverage and costs are unique, there aren't a whole lot of ballpark figures to throw around. To know your exact pricing, get quotes from your local agent.
Connect with an Independence, MO Agent Today
A local independent insurance agent can be a knowledgeable resource to have. They work for you to find the best car insurance on the market.
With access to dozens of carriers, an independent agent can find a policy to fit your budget. Connect with an agent on TrustedChoice.com to get started.
©2023, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.