Lee's Summit, MO, is a convenient town with big city access. This family-friendly community is known for its prestigious happenings.
An independent insurance agent can help when you are shopping for the best car insurance in Lee's Summit. It's your agent's job to find competitive rates and adequate coverage. Connect with a local independent agent on TrustedChoice.com to get started.
How Vehicle Thefts Impact Lee's Summit, MO
The local crime in Lee's Summit can have an impact on your auto insurance premiums. If you wonder how theft will play a part in your costs, a local agent can quote your policies. Let's look at the theft rate averages:
- National average per 100,000: 228.9
- Missouri average per 100,000: 323.4
- Lee's Summit average per 100,000: 1,750
The national and state averages of theft per 100,000 come in quite a bit lower than Lee's Summit. This can be due to the size of the city at 97,290, along with other factors. The more people you have, the more crime becomes an issue. To be sure how the local crime will affect your insurance premiums, get quotes from your independent agent.
Car Insurance Costs in Lee's Summit, MO
Things in and out of your control are used by the insurance companies to rate your policy. While you may not have much control over the weather or local crime, there are some things you can control. Let's take a look at the rating factors in Lee's Summit, MO:
- The weather: You don't have control over the weather
- Your credit score: You have control over how good or bad your credit is
- Your loss history: You have control over how many claims you file
- Your experience level as a driver: You don't have control over how old you are
- Local crime rates: You don't have control over what someone else does
- Your motor vehicle record (MVR): You have control over how many violations you incur
- Household drivers included on the policy: You have control over who lives at home and who is included on your policy
- Year, make, model, and value of the vehicle: You have control over the type of car you purchase
- Coverage you select: You have control over the coverage you choose
Since premiums are individualized to you and your specific criteria, it may be hard to get a ballpark figure. While your cost could be higher or lower than the averages, it might be useful to see where you are on the scale.
- National average: $2,305
- Missouri average $3,111
When you live in Missouri, your premiums could be close to the state average depending on your risk factors. The best way to know your exact pricing is to discuss it with your independent agent.
What Auto Insurance Limits Do You Need in Lee's Summit, MO?
Most every state requires auto insurance in some form or fashion. The majority of cities will have a minimum liability limit that is needed to use the roadways. Let's see what requirements are in Lee's Summit, MO:
- A minimum liability limit of $25,000 per person is required
- A minimum liability limit of $50,000 per accident is required
- A minimum liability limit of $10,000 in property damage is required
The average price of a vehicle is over $36,000 in the US. If you only have the state minimum limits, then you would be out of pocket for the rest. That's a lot of money to pay when you don't have sufficient coverage. The majority of carriers will make it pretty inexpensive to increase liability limits so you can have better protection. Contact your Lee's Summit independent agent to see how your policy may need to be adjusted.
Umbrella Liability Insurance in Lee's Summit, MO
It doesn't take much to have a car accident that will go above your auto policy limits. If you're not adequately insured, you could be involved in a larger accident that will impact the rest of your life.
If you're at fault for a collision that causes death to another party or severe damage to other vehicles, then you could be liable for a significant expense. Umbrella insurance will apply when a claim exhausts your underlying auto policy. Umbrella coverage starts at $1,000,000 and is a necessary insurance to have. Discuss umbrella policy options with your independent agent today.
Optional Car Insurance Coverage in Lee's Summit, MO
Coverages other than liability for your auto policy are not automatically included. If you want insurance for your vehicles themselves and other optional perks, you'll need to add them. Take a look at optional car insurance coverage:
- Towing coverage: This pays for the tow of a covered auto.
- Gap coverage: This pays for the difference in your auto loan and the market value of your car.
- Collision coverage: This pays for property damage to your vehicle when a crash occurs.
- Rental car coverage: This pays for a rental car if yours needs to be replaced or repaired due to a loss.
- Comprehensive coverage: This will pay for property damage to your vehicle if hit by an unavoidable object.
Since these coverages are optional, contact your local agent to discuss which may apply to your auto policy.
Uninsured Drivers in Lee's Summit, MO
If you get into an accident with an uninsured driver, you'll want coverage to protect yourself from any expense that may incur. Check out the average percentage of uninsured drivers:
- National average of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Missouri average of uninsured drivers: 14.0%
Missouri ranks a percent point higher than the national average, which means that Lee's Summit has its share of uninsured drivers. Fortunately, there is a coverage called uninsured/underinsured motorist or UM/UIM. It will protect you and your loved ones by covering the cost of a not-at-fault accident with an uninsured driver. The state of Missouri requires UM/UIM's minimum coverage, but your independent agent may suggest higher protection limits.
Car Insurance and Rideshare Services in Lee's Summit, MO
If you are a driver for a livery or rideshare service like Uber or Amazon, your car insurance may not provide coverage. Most personal auto policies exclude livery-for-hire services. It will also not insure business operations out of a vehicle.
For that, you'll need a commercial auto policy. Commercial auto insurance will protect your business and passengers from any potential claims.
If you transport people or packages in Lee's Summit, MO, then connect with your independent insurance agent on which auto policy is right for you.
An Independent Insurance Agent in Lee's Summit, MO
A local independent insurance agent can help you find the car policy you need. They work with several carriers so you can get insurance to fit your budget.
The best way to connect with an independent agent is on TrustedChoice.com. They have a find-an-agent tool that will match you with a Lee's Summit adviser in minutes.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.