Montana, the Treasure State, has some of the largest open spaces in the nation. With incredible fishing and unforgettable landscapes, the state is definitely underappreciated.
The state offers both outdoor opportunities and the benefits of downtown living, and owning a mobile home is one way to enjoy Montana. But just like a regular home, a mobile home in MT needs insurance coverage, to provide protection from events such as theft, fire, vandalism and weather-related events.
Montana Mobile Home Living Statistics
- There are over 75,000 mobile homes in MT.
- Mobile home residents make up over 23% of the state's population.
- Over 22,000 mobile home fires occur annually in the U.S. These fires result in 1,000 injuries and 500 deaths.
- Fire-related deaths are twice as high in mobile homes as in conventional homes.
Mobile homes can be a wonderful choice, but they do have an increased risk for fires, theft, and crime -- which is why mobile home insurance is so crucial for MT residents.
What Is Mobile Home Insurance?
Mobile home insurance is a set of policies grouped together specifically for mobile home owners in order to protect them from some of the most common risks that they face. A typical mobile home insurance policy in Montana may include the following:
- Liability coverage: This can protect you if someone is injured on your property. Additionally, it can also cover you if you damage someone else's property.
- Property damage coverage: If your mobile home sustains damage, this insurance is designed to help you get the repairs you need.
- Personal property coverage: This can work to cover damage or theft to the personal belongings that are stored within the mobile home.
- Medical payment coverage: This is designed to help cover medical costs for someone injured on your property.
There may be other coverage types that will apply to your individual situation, so be sure to speak with an insurance agent to get a better idea of the best coverage for you.
How Much Is a Mobile Home Insurance Policy Quote?
Mobile home insurance policies can vary depending on a variety of factors. When you are shopping for a mobile home insurance policy in Montana, before getting a quote, make sure you're familiar with the following:
- Make of mobile home
- Age of mobile home
- Size of mobile home
- Foundation type
- Location of mobile home
- Whether mobile home will be moved
- Value of assets in mobile home
- History of claims
- Desired coverages
- Desired deductible
All of these factors, plus more, will be used to get you a quote that will cover your family, home and belongings sufficiently for the individual risks you face.
Differences Between Mobile Homes and Modular Homes
In the insurance market, mobile homes and modular homes are considered different -- for some very important reasons. Typically, a mobile/manufactured home is built to completion within the factory, and is moved or towed to its new location. A modular home is brought to the home site in pieces, and assembled much like a traditional home, including being constructed on a foundation. With these important differences in mind, insurance companies protect these two types of homes differently. Modular homes are usually insured similarly to a traditional home. Mobile and manufactured homes, however, are usually insured much like a vehicle, as their value depriciates over time.
Get Your Mobile Home Protected Today
Mobile home insurance is one crucial part of being a responsible mobile or manufactured home owner. Mobile home insurance acts much like a fire extinguisher: while it doesn't seem critical, it may prove priceless during an emergency.
A Trusted Choice® agent can help you get the best coverage at the right price, and can help you discuss coverage options, suggest discounts, or even help you file a claim.