There are 884,049 small businesses in New Jersey. If you own one of them, the proper coverage is necessary. Business equipment insurance can cover some of your most expensive assets.
Get competitive quotes from an independent insurance agent. They have access to several carriers, giving you options on premium and policy. Connect with a local expert to get started.
Commercial Equipment Insurance
New Jersey business equipment is usually a separate policy. It can be included under your business insurance as equipment breakdown coverage as well. It will cover against the following damage caused to business equipment:
- Power surges
- Electrical shorts
- Mechanical breakdowns
- Motor burnout
- Operator error
Equipment such as freezers, refrigerators, boilers, air conditioners, and more can be covered. This is different from your business personal property or structure insurance. Review your policy to ensure you have sufficient insurance.
What Does Commercial Equipment Insurance Cover?
In New Jersey, your commercial equipment helps keep your business running. It's critical to know what your business policy offers for protection. Check out what commercial equipment insurance will cover:
- Coverage to replace or repair failed equipment
- Coverage for the labor to replace or repair failed equipment
- Coverage for lost income due to failed equipment
When it comes to your business, the right equipment can make all the difference. If that property stops working or gets damaged, you'll be at a loss. To ensure you have all the protection needed for your equipment, review your policies.
What Doesn't Commercial Equipment Insurance Cover?
Your commercial equipment coverage will have protection for many things. To know what it doesn't insure, let's first look at what it kinds of equipment it will cover:
- Computers and communications
- Air conditioners and refrigeration systems
- Boilers and pressure equipment
Some common items that won't be included are:
- Spoilage: This coverage refers to food or items that spoil due to an equipment loss. It can usually be added for a fee but won't be automatic in most cases.
- Vehicles: Some insureds think automobiles or company vehicles fall under business equipment, but they don't.
- Structures: If you want coverage for any structures, it will fall under your business property coverage.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Business Equipment Insurance Cost
Your business equipment insurance costs in New Jersey will vary. Like your other business policies, pricing can't be determined without a quote. Take a look at some things that will affect your business equipment rates:
- The value of each piece of equipment
- Your safety measures in place
- Who operates said equipment
- Your claims history
- Your business address
- Local disasters
Common New Jersey natural disasters that can impact your premiums:
- Severe storms and lightning
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Flooding and water damage
- Heavy snow
- Burglary and other property crimes
Insurance for Business Equipment at Home
If you work from home, you'll have a couple of options when it comes to insurance. Your homeowners policy could provide some coverage for your operation. Take a look at what could be covered by your home policy:
- Business personal property
- Medical payments
Your business equipment isn't likely to be covered. Business personal property doesn't include equipment and is usually only suitable for $1,000 to $5,000 in coverage. If you have business equipment, a separate policy is necessary, and your home address can be used.
How to Connect with an Independent Agent in New Jersey
When you're searching for business equipment insurance in New Jersey, a trusted adviser can help. Your business coverage can make or break your company. If you're without adequate protection, you could be setting yourself up for a large financial loss.
Fortunately, an independent insurance agent can help. They have carrier and premium options that won't break the bank. You can connect with a local expert on TrustedChoice for the best policy in town.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.