New Jersey has over 884,049 small business owners as of 2019. If you're a chiropractor, you'll want chiropractors liability insurance. Fortunately, a local adviser can help with coverage options.
To get the best rates and policy in town, consider working with an independent insurance agent. They have access to multiple markets, saving you time and money. Connect with a licensed professional for tailored protection.
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Cover?
There are several different ways your New Jersey practice can be covered for chiropractors liability insurance. The most common liability policies for a chiropractor are listed below. Take a look at your options.
General liability insurance will cover
- Bodily injury coverage
- Property damage coverage
- Libel and slander coverage
Malpractice liability insurance will cover
- Assault coverage for claims made against you or your staff
- License protection coverage
- Damage to the property of others
- First aid coverage
- Legal representation
- Defendant expense benefits
- Personal liability coverage
- Personal injury protection
- Medical payment protection
Umbrella liability insurance will cover
- Additional coverage for bodily injury
- Additional coverage for property damage
- Additional coverage for libel and slander
What Does Chiropractors Liability Insurance Not Cover?
Chiropractors liability will cover a lot of things, but there are some exclusions. Similar to your other business insurance policies, not every risk is insured the way you think. Check out some standard chiropractors liability exclusions.
- Business property: This falls under a business property policy
- Equipment: This falls under an equipment breakdown policy
- Employee wages: This will fall under workers' compensation insurance in some cases
- Vehicles: This will fall under a commercial auto policy
- Floods: This is a separate flood policy
- Earthquakes: This is a separate earthquake policy
More exclusions may apply depending on your policy. Some options will be more comprehensive, like a business owners policy. The best way to ensure you have all the right coverages is to review your policies.
Save on Professional Liability Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Are Chiropractors Required to Carry Malpractice Insurance?
Medical malpractice insurance exists to protect chiropractors and other doctors from potential lawsuits. The number of chiropractic malpractice claims is on the rise. It is more and more common to see cases as chiropractic services have become more mainstream.
- Malpractice occurs when a doctor, healthcare provider, or chiropractor deviates from the medical community's usual standards and causes injury or death to the patient.
As a New Jersey chiropractor, you are usually not required to carry malpractice insurance. If you work for another practice, they may mandate such coverage. Even if it's not required by law, it is an essential policy to have.
How Much Do Chiropractors Pay for Malpractice Insurance?
The cost of New Jersey malpractice insurance for a chiropractor will vary. Just like your other business policies, malpractice will be dependent on a few risk factors. Take a look at what affects your malpractice costs below.
- Your safety practices
- Prior malpractice claims
- How experienced you are as a chiropractor
- How your office is set up
- How much coverage you select
- What you allow your staff to do
- Your gross annual sales
There are several ways your office could suffer a malpractice lawsuit. The more haphazardly you practice chiropractic services, the more at risk you are. To get your exact rates for malpractice coverage, obtain multiple quotes from a trusted adviser.
How to Connect with a New Jersey Independent Agent
In New Jersey, your chiropractors liability insurance can be confusing. If you're not positive about what's required and how to obtain insurance, you could be missing key coverages. In order to ensure your practice has all the protection necessary, consider using a local professional.
An independent insurance agent has access to several carrier options. This will not only save you time but premium dollars as well. Get connected with a licensed expert on TrustedChoice.com in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.