Approximately 57,000 people call Jackson Township, NJ, home. Whether you have lived here your entire life, or you moved here for work or to be close to the beach and the Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park, if you own a house in Jackson Township, you will need to protect your investment with a suitable homeowners insurance policy.
When you are shopping for the right insurance coverage for your Jackson Township home, a local independent agent can provide assistance. If you would like to get answers to your insurance-related questions and begin comparing customized homeowners insurance quotes, contact an insurance agent near you.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost in Jackson Township, NJ?
Home insurance rates in the state of New Jersey are slightly lower than the national average. However, in Jackson Township rates tend to be slightly higher. Shopping around for coverage can help you make sure you are getting your homeowners insurance at a good price. Independent insurance agents can help.
- National average yearly premium: $1,173
- New Jersey average yearly premium: $1,149
- Jackson Township average yearly premium: $1,197
Your actual home insurance quotes are likely to differ from the average rate listed above. Costs are calculated on a case-by-case basis and can be based on several factors such as:
- The size of your home, the year it was built, and the materials used in its construction
- The type of home you are insuring (i.e., single family detached house, multi-family home, townhouse, etc.)
- The crime rate and weather risks in your ZIP code
- Your claims history and credit score
- The amount of your deductible
- Whether you are bundling your homeowners coverage with other policies like car insurance or life insurance
Comparing rates lets you choose the homeowners insurance policy that offers the best price for the coverage you want. Independent insurance agents in Jackson Township make comparison shopping easy.
What Are the Risks Faced by Homeowners in Jackson Township?
Your home insurance policy is designed to cover against most of the risks you are likely to face as a homeowner in Jackson Township. This includes coverage against hazards like accidental fires, property crimes, and damaging weather events like freezing temperatures, heavy snowfalls, hurricanes, tropical storms, and windstorms.
- Number of federally declared disasters in New Jersey: 51
- Most common reasons for disasters in the state: Severe storms and hurricanes
- Average number of tornadoes per year in New Jersey: 2.0
- Average amount of property damage per year in NJ: $1.08 billion
- 1 in 15 insured homes has a claim each year
Be aware that even though hurricane damage is typically covered by home insurance policies, the flood damage that accompanies these storms is not. You don’t have to live in a flood zone to be at risk. Fortunately, your local insurance agent can help you obtain a supplementary flood insurance policy so that your property is covered against this hazard.
Why Is Liability Insurance Important for Jackson Township Homeowners?
In addition to covering your property, homeowners insurance also provides you with liability protection. Homeowners liability insurance is designed to cover expenses such as court costs, legal fees, and damages if you are sued for a number of common covered events.
Examples of times your homeowners liability insurance can cover you include:
- If someone is severely injured while on your property
- If your child or pet causes significant injuries or property damage to someone outside your household
- If you are accused of slander or libel due to something you said or posted online
- If you cause accidental injury to another while away from home
If you want more liability coverage than your home insurance can provide, an independent insurance agent can also help you purchase an affordable umbrella insurance policy. Talk to your insurance agent to learn more about what homeowners liability insurance can do for you.
Does Jackson Township Homeowners Insurance Cover against Burglaries?
The burglary rate in New Jersey is lower than the national rate, and in Jackson Township the risk is even lower. This is great news for residents of this township who are looking for affordable home insurance coverage.
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in the US: 4.69
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in New Jersey: 2.83
- Number of burglaries per 1,000 homes in Jackson Township: 1.28
If you are the victim of a burglary, your homeowners insurance can reimburse you for your loss as well as for any resultant damages to your home. Be sure to keep a copy of the police report because you will need it when you file a claim. Your insurance agent can offer guidance and support throughout the claims process if you need assistance.
What about Insurance for Second Homes and Vacation Homes?
A house that is not your primary residence has added risk factors that insurance providers will take into consideration when they calculate your rates. In some cases, these extra properties may need to be covered by different kinds of insurance policies. For example:
- Vacation homes that are left unoccupied for several months out of the year have an increased risk of sustaining significant property damage due to weather hazards, animals, and property crime. These houses typically need to be covered by vacant home insurance during the times that they are not in use.
- Second homes that serve as rental properties have higher liability and property damage risks but require less in the way of contents coverage. Landlord insurance provides the right balance of coverage for these types of properties and may be required by your insurance provider if your property is occupied by tenants.
An independent insurance agent can help you find the best and most affordable policies to appropriately cover all of your residential properties.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Jackson Township, NJ?
When you work with an independent insurance agent, you can easily find the best homeowners policy to cover your Jackson Township home. Independent agents are free to work with several different insurance companies so they can do the comparison shopping for you. That way, you can be certain that you are getting the coverage you need at a competitive rate.
Find an insurance agent in or near Jackson Township to learn more. You can soon be comparing customized home insurance quotes from an assortment of highly rated insurance providers.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.