Queens is home to New York Mets baseball and two major airports. When you think of growth and traffic, Queens has it.
With a population of over two million, this is one of the largest towns in America. If you travel these big city streets, you'll want protection for your car. An independent insurance agent can help you get the coverage you and your auto need. Connect with a local agent today.
Queens, NY, Local Crime and Your Car Insurance
New York, in general, has a lower theft rate than the national average, which means you could find your car insurance premiums are a bit less. The carriers look at local crime, among other factors when determining your cost.
Average Theft Rates:
- National average: 228.90
- New York average: 67.20
Queens will likely fall somewhere near the state and national averages when it comes to local theft. When you're not sure how the crime rates will impact your car insurance, connect with an independent agent to get quotes.
Car Insurance Requirements in Queens, NY
Just about every state requires insurance to use their roadways. New York is no different. Let's look at what you would need in Queens, NY, for car insurance:
- Minimum liability limits of $25,000 per person
- Minimum liability limits of $50,000 per accident
- Minimum liability limits of $10,000 property damage
When it comes to state minimum limits, they likely won't provide enough coverage for a claim. Your Queens independent agent may suggest higher liability options. With the cost of a vehicle being over $36,000 today, minimum limits wouldn't fully insure one loss. So whether you own an RV or a Prius, you'll need enough insurance to cover a loss. Speak with your local agent on which car policy you need.
Alternative Auto Insurance Options in Queens, NY
Not all car insurance is created equal. In addition to the state-mandated requirement of liability, there are several optional coverages. Your coverage options may look different than your neighbor's, depending on what you need. Let's take a look at additional coverage choices:
- Comprehensive: This pays for property damage to your vehicle should an unavoidable object or animal cause damage.
- Collision: This will pay for the damage to your car when a collision with another vehicle or property occurs.
- Towing: This will pay for the tow of a scheduled auto.
- Rental vehicle: This pays for a rental car while a covered auto is repaired or replaced due to a loss.
- Gap: This pays for the remaining balance on your car loan if there is a difference in value when a total loss occurs.
If you're having trouble figuring out which optional coverages to choose, an agent can help. They can bundle your home and auto to make sure you're getting all the discounts. Talk with your agent today.
Other Liability Insurance in Queens, NY
It only takes one bad accident to wipe out your liability limits. When you are involved in a claim with a severe injury, damage, or even death, you'll want more coverage. Let's look at the ways to add liability insurance to your auto policy:
1. Increase the current liability limits on your primary auto policy
2. Obtain umbrella insurance to add another layer of protection
An umbrella policy will provide additional liability limits starting at $1,000,000. When you've exhausted your underlying auto policy coverage, umbrella insurance will apply.
Connect with your Queens independent agent to find out what liability coverage your auto policy needs.
The Number of Uninsured Drivers in Queens, NY
Unfortunately, uninsured drivers are in every state. Some people don't follow the rules, and that can put you and your family in danger. When you're involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, you'll want proper protection. Let's look at the facts:
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13%
- New York percentage of uninsured drivers: 6.1%
New York has a lower percentage of uninsured drivers than the national average, which can be good if you live in Queens. But there's still a chance you'll need coverage. New York requires every driver to have uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM.
UM/UIM will pay for medical expenses and property damage resulting from a loss with an uninsured driver. It will also apply if the driver is underinsured, and your policy needs to pick up some of the expenses.
So whether you're driving your car to the ferry or hauling a boat to go sailing, you'll want adequate protection. Connect with your Queens agent to see which limit of UM/UIM is right for you.
The Cost of Car Insurance in Queens, NY
Car insurance costs vary everywhere you live. To compare your premiums to someone else is like comparing apples to oranges. If you want exact pricing, your independent agent can help. They will run quotes with a variety of car insurance carriers so you can make sure you're getting the best coverage.
Things your independent agent will need for an auto quote:
- Every driver in the household's full name, date of birth, and driver's license number
- Vehicle identification numbers of every motorized vehicle in the household
- Your address
- What type of coverage you will want
- If you have filed any past claims
- What your Motor Vehicle Records will say
Connect with your Queens agent to go over these items and get the right car insurance today.
An Independent Insurance Agent in Queens, NY
When you work with an independent insurance agent in Queens, NY, you'll have access to the best coverage in town. Since they use several carrier options, you'll never have to shop for car insurance again.
If you're searching for a local independent agent, go to TrustedChoice.com. They can match you with an adviser in minutes using the find-an-agent tool.
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.