New York State is full of wonderful attractions. A few of the outdoor adventures residents of this state enjoy include the Amazing Gorge at Watkins Glen State Park. Others like to tour Lakewood Vineyards and sample the local wines. An exciting ride on the Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours is a popular pastime, as is the peaceful Shrine Basilica of Our Lady Fatima in picturesque Lewiston. You may choose to visit the charming sculpture park at Opus 40 or satisfy your chocolate craving at Krause’s Chocolates in Saugerties. You can enjoy all of these attractions in comfort and style when you travel in a recreational vehicle (RV). If you own an RV, it's a good idea to ensure that you have adequate New York RV insurance.
RVs come in many different classes and types. Insurance rates and coverage vary according to make and model, so it is important you know what you are buying. Ensure that you have the right coverage for your RV by contacting an independent agent in the Trusted Choice® network. These local agents can provide you with New York motorhome insurance quotes, which will help you to find the right policy for your RV. Contact a member agent near you today.
MVA Accident Statistics in New York
- Total cost of crashes in NY state: $52,371
- Total number of accidents involving property damage: 10,472
- Number of accidents involving personal injury: 41,644
How Are RVs Classified?
There are several different RV classifications insurance companies use to assign rates to customers. You need to know what class your RV falls into, as it will affect how the RV is rated and the price for your New York RV insurance policy. The classifications of RV types are described below:
- Class A motorhome: Usually large and luxurious, they are built on a single chassis. Converted buses are included in this category.
- Class B motorhome: This model is built on a large campervan chassis and has a raised roof.
- Class C motorhome: Literally a trailer chassis attached to a truck, these are denoted by a raised roof over the cab.
- RV travel trailer: This is a motorhome which is built onto a trailer and towed behind a vehicle using a hitch.
- Fifth wheel RVs: Like a travel trailer except it utilizes a fifth wheel hitch mounted into the bed of a pickup.
- Camper vans: A camper that is loaded onto the back of a pickup bed.
Is RV Insurance Expensive?
Some of the factors insurers use to determine rates for New York RV insurance include:
- Driver’s age
- DMV record
- How your RV is classified
- RV size, make, and model
- The age of your RV
- Whether you purchase recreational/vacation or full-time coverage
- The liability and comprehensive policy limits
You can purchase a policy as a package and you can include additional coverage options, which are available as riders. The insurance coverage for an RV can include some or all of the following:
- Liability: To protect you from injuries you cause due to your negligence
- Collision: Covers you in a collision with another vehicle or property
- Comprehensive: Protects your RV from named perils such as theft, vandalism, fire, and weather
- Accessories: Covers specific add-ons, such as electronics and solar panels
- Branch collision: Covers you specifically for damage from trees
- Roadside assistance: Covers you if you have a mechanical breakdown
- Medical payments: Covers your medical expenses
- Uninsured/underinsured: Protects you from another driver with little or no insurance
- Full-time coverage: Covers you specifically if your RV is your home
There is no way to accurately price RV insurance without individual analysis. To get free New York motorhome insurance quotes fast, find a local Trusted Choice member agent who can provide exactly that.
Are There RV Insurance Discounts?
There are several ways to get an insurance discount:
- Safe driver discounts are offered by some insurers
- Bundle your New York RV insurance policy with other coverage that you have with the same company
- Locate an insurer that provides a discount for military or professional organizations
- Find an insurer that offers a sign-on discount
- Pay your premium annually rather than monthly
Find New York Motorhome Insurance Quotes
The simplest way to compare New York RV insurance rates is to contact an agent in the Trusted Choice network in your area. Independent agents have access to multiple insurers with competitive pricing. They will research the best options for your RV and your particular situation. Find an agent today to be certain you have the right coverage before your next getaway.