Fargo, North Dakota, has roughly 124,662 residents and counting. When you operate a business, there's risk and reward. Fargo, ND, business insurance can help you protect your company from all the twists and turns.
Fortunately, a Fargo, ND, independent insurance agent has options through highly rated carriers. This makes finding the best policy easy and affordable. Connect with a local expert to get started in minutes for free.
What Is Business Insurance?
In Fargo, ND, your business will need tailored protection from all the what-ifs. However, there are foundational policies necessary for most operations. Check out some common coverage choices for businesses below.
- General liability: Pays for another's bodily injury and property damage loss.
- Business property: Pays for the replacement or repair of company-owned property and belongings.
- Business interruption: Pays for regular business expenses while your company has to shut down due to a covered loss.
- Business inventory: Pays for the replacement or repair of company-owned inventory.
- Business equipment breakdown: Pays for replacing or repairing company-owned equipment that breaks down due to a covered loss.
- Commercial umbrella liability: Pays for a bodily injury and property damage loss of others after it exhausts your underlying limits.
- Workers' compensation: Pays for medical expenses and lost wages of an injured or ill employee resulting from job duties.
What Does Business Insurance Cover in Fargo, North Dakota?
North Dakota has about 73,142 small businesses in existence today. Each policy will come with primary limits where the amount of protection is preselected based on your needs. Let's look at basic business insurance coverages.
- Coverage for bodily injury or property damage claim
- Coverage for your business inventory such as products
- Coverage for business equipment that breaks down due to a covered loss
- Coverage for employees who are injured or ill on the job
- Coverage for commercial vehicles used to operate the business
- Coverage for disgruntled employees who sue due to discrimination or harassment
Your Fargo, ND, property policies will have insurance for fire, theft, vandalism, and severe weather as well. These coverage amounts will be specific to your property values.
Save on Business Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
What Liability Insurance Do You Need in Fargo, North Dakota?
In North Dakota, $1,850,490,000 in commercial claims were paid in one recent year. A valid liability policy can save your business from financial ruin. To have adequate protection, take a look at the following options in Fargo.
Cyber liability insurance: This policy is usually overlooked but is one of the most necessary coverages you can own. It will pay for a cyberattack when your business gets hacked. When sensitive data gets stolen, your company will be responsible.
Business interruption insurance: Business interruption insurance will pay for regular business expenses when a catastrophe forces closure. If you want to stay in operation, get this insurance. Coverage usually lasts 12 to 24 months.
General liability insurance: General liability insurance will pay for a loss arising from property damage, bodily injury, or slander. Your limits need to be accurate because it's used often. To have enough coverage, review your policy regularly.
Commercial Property Coverage in Fargo, North Dakota
Did you know that most commercial property policies will only pay for 80% of a loss? That means your Fargo, ND, business will be responsible for the rest. The best way to have enough protection is to review your policies for any gaps in coverage.
Check out common property losses in North Dakota
- Flooding and water damage
- Severe storms and lightning
- Heavy snow
- Burglary and other property crimes
Why you need flood insurance
Contrary to popular belief, your commercial property policies won't have coverage for a flood. You'll have to obtain a separate flood insurance policy to get a claim paid.
Different Employee Policies in Fargo, North Dakota
If your Fargo, ND, business uses employees to get the job done, there are some policies you'll want to understand. Consider the coverage options below.
Workers' compensation insurance: This policy will pay for an injured or ill employee's lost wages and medical expenses.
Employee benefits coverage: If you're trying to attract new employees and keep old ones, you'll need to compete. To add value, consider employee benefits coverage. This will pay for life insurance and more for your team.
Why You Need an Independent Agent in Fargo, North Dakota
It can be a challenge when you're shopping for the best business insurance in Fargo, North Dakota. There are multiple options you'll have to consider when searching for accurate coverage. Fortunately, a licensed professional can review your policies for free.
A Fargo, ND, independent insurance agent has a network of carriers, finding coverage that suits your needs at a low price. They'll even do the shopping at zero cost to your operation. Connect with a local expert on trustedchoice.com for custom quotes in minutes.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2022, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.