If you own commercial or retail property, business insurance is a very important part of running a successful business. Do you want to see what insurance options are available for your business? Would you like to add other coverage options to your business insurance policy? If you want the answer to these questions, then you are in the right place.
Sometimes, building a comprehensive business insurance policy can be confusing, but you are not alone. Independent insurance agents in New Castle, PA, are there when you need them. They can help you find your business’s particular risks and suggest the appropriate policies to cover against them.
How Does Business Property Insurance Protect My New Castle, PA, Business?
Business property insurance protects your business against common losses such as damages, employee injuries, liability, and theft. If your business does not have a suitable amount of insurance coverage and it experiences significant property damage, you may have a hard time recovering from the financial consequences.
All businesses are different, and they all require different coverage options. Therefore, it is vital for you to consider the unique risks your business faces and find ways to reduce these risks.
Speak with a local independent insurance agent today to discover more about how business property insurance can benefit your New Castle, PA, business.
Does My New Castle, PA, Business Need Business Liability Insurance?
A valuable element of your business insurance policy is business liability insurance. It is designed to cover your business’s court costs, legal fees, and financial damages in case of a pending lawsuit; however, even if you find favor with the court, these legal fees can be quite expensive.
It is also important that you buy the right kinds of business liability coverage for your business to cover against any risk your business might face. Following are some of the business liability options available to you:
- Commercial vehicle liability insurance: This insurance coverage is required if your business owns and operates autos. It covers your business's added liability risks in case one of your employees causes an accident that results in damages to a third-party.
- Pollution liability insurance: This optional insurance covers the cleanup costs and losses if your business is liable for an incident leading to the pollution of the air, ground, or water.
- Cyber liability insurance: This insurance option covers monetary losses and liabilities if hackers gain access to your computer systems and take sensitive customer data.
- Product liability insurance: This insurance option covers damages occurring to a third party caused by faults in goods that your business produces, sells, or promotes.
- Premises liability insurance: This insurance option covers damages occurring to a third party due to a mishap on your business property.
- Employment practices liability insurance: This insurance option covers claims related to accusations of unlawful employment practices such as a breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination.
By talking with an independent insurance agent, you can find out more about these and many other business liability coverage options. Your agent can help you find the best business insurance for your New Castle, PA, business at the most reasonable price.
What Other Business Insurance Options Are Offered for My New Castle, PA, Business Property?
If your business is located close to waterways such as the Shenango River Neshannock Creek, you are more at risk for flooding, so business flood insurance would be a really good idea.
In New Castle, PA, your business property is very likely to suffer property losses or damages due to dangers such as:
- Flooding and water damage
- Severe storms and lightning damage
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Heavy snow
- Burglary and other property crimes
Most of the above threats are covered by your business property insurance, which is a standard part of all business insurance policies. It is designed to include your business-owned property, such as computers, furniture, inventory, and other merchandise.
Occasionally, you may find it necessary to add specific business insurance options to your business insurance policy. Your independent insurance agent may recommend adding one or more of the following business property insurance options:
- Flood insurance: Note that business property insurance does not cover flood damage, even if your business property is destroyed by a covered hurricane.
- Equipment breakdown insurance: This option covers repairs or the replacement of damaged equipment and any losses related to equipment breakdowns.
- Bailee's insurance: This option covers other people’s property while in your business’s care, such as when you are doing repairs or upkeep on it.
- Inland marine insurance: This option covers your movable business property during transfers or if you store it away from your place of business.
Contact your local independent insurance agent for help in insuring all of your business properties. Additionally, make sure your business insurance options are sufficient to allow you to rebuild, repair, or replace if necessary.
Why Should I Buy Business Interruption Insurance in New Castle, PA?
When an earthquake or flood hits and the damage is major, your business may have to temporarily close for a sustained period while repairs are being made. Following is data on past declared disasters in Pennsylvania:
- Number of federally declared disasters in PA since 1953: 62
- Most common reasons for declared disasters: Flood/26
- Average number of tornadoes in PA per year: 16
If your business must close for an extended period, it can be financially devastating, particularly if you own a small business. Business interruption insurance provides your business with an income extension until your business can resume regular activities. This allows you to pay normal monthly payments such as utility bills, loan payments, and employee wages when your business is unable to generate an income.
Talk with your local independent insurance agent today to discover more about how business interruption insurance can benefit your New Castle, PA, business.
Does My New Castle, PA, Business Need to Carry Worker's Compensation Insurance?
All Pennsylvania business owners are required to provide a safe workplace for employees to carry out their job duties. Accidents happen and even when all safety precautions are taken, people do get hurt or become ill. Additionally, when you own a business in Pennsylvania you must cover your employees’ financial losses in case they become ill or hurt on the job.
Insurance companies base their worker's compensation rates on the types of jobs your employees perform and the likelihood they might get hurt or sick while on the job.
An independent insurance agent can help by taking a look at your expenses and match you with an insurance company that specializes in covering businesses in your industry.
What about Insurance Options for Employee Benefit Packages?
Nowadays, healthcare coverage can be nearly unattainable, but if your business offers underwritten health coverage to your employees, it can have beneficial outcomes for you. Human resource administrators have researched this and determined that businesses offering a feasible employee benefits package have an easier time attracting and keeping model employees.
There are numerous car, health, and life insurance options available for you and your employees to choose from, which can make it hard to determine which policies to combine with your employee benefits package.
An independent insurance agent can go over the advantages and disadvantages of each business insurance option so you can make an educated choice.
Why Should I Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in New Castle, PA?
In the insurance market, insurance companies recognize that every business is unique and has it is own risks. Knowing this, they enable business owners to customize their business insurance.
Find an independent insurance agent with an office in or near New Castle, PA, to discover more. You can soon find out how easy it can be to build a comprehensive business insurance policy.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.
MHB working GEO Data 2020 1 (1)