After a catastrophe, business owners count on their insurance policies to help them rebuild so they can remain profitable. With a comprehensive business insurance plan with a trustworthy insurance company, you can rest assured that your company can handle even the most unpleasant unexpected events.
There's a lot of moving parts to a great business insurance plan, but you don't have to become an expert to get the best insurance for the lowest possible price. A Norristown agent can help you design your company's insurance so that it protects your financial interests. They'll work with you one-on-one to identify areas where you are most vulnerable and then insure against those risks.
Contact a Norristown independent insurance agent today to get started.
Why Do Businesses in Norristown, Pennsylvania, Need Liability Insurance?
Business liability insurance is the cornerstone of your business insurance plan. It covers your legal costs, financial damages, and court costs if your business is sued for any number of reasons.
Here are some of your options for commercial liability insurance policies:
- Premises liability insurance: This covers accident-related third-party injuries, illnesses, and property damage to your business property.
- Product liability insurance: This covers third-party injuries, illnesses, and property damage caused by defects in products your business produces, sells, or promotes.
- Employment practices liability insurance: This covers lawsuits resulting from accusations of illegal employment practices.
- Cyber liability insurance: This covers financial losses and liabilities after hackers access your computer systems, exposing sensitive personal customer data.
- Pollution liability insurance: This covers cleanup costs and damages after an accident resulting in pollution of the ground, water, or air.
- Commercial vehicle liability insurance: This covers third-party injuries or damage caused by you or one of your employees while driving for company business. The state of Pennsylvania requires this coverage.
When you talk with your independent agent, they'll explain how each of these policies could fit into your business insurance. They'll recommend any other policies that your company may benefit from as well.
What Insurance Products Cover Your Norristown Business Property?
Your Norristown business is most likely to experience property damage or loss due to fire, crime, freezing temperatures, and severe weather events.
Fortunately, your commercial property insurance policy covers your losses. When it's time to make a claim, it's crucial to have a reliable insurance company and the right policy limits. Your agent can help you choose a company that is a good fit for your business. They'll talk with you about how much it would cost to rebuild or repair your business after a severe storm or fire and make sure you have policy limits that are high enough.
You may need specialized insurance products to further protect your business. Here are some options:
- Inland marine insurance: This covers portable business property while it is in transit or is stored away from your place of business, such as at a worksite.
- Boiler and machinery insurance: This covers the repair or replacement of a broken-down furnace or other machinery and can also cover any business losses associated with machine malfunctions.
- Bailee's insurance: This covers valuable property owned by others whenever it is in your business’s care, custody, or control, such as when you are performing repair or maintenance services on it.
A note about flood damage
Your commercial property insurance policy does not include coverage for flood damage. Even if the flood is a direct result of a covered weather event, you'll have to pay to repair the damage on your own without commercial flood insurance. Your agent can talk with you about how to get a good commercial flood insurance policy.
Your agent will help you make sure all of your business assets are well protected by a solid insurance policy.
Why Is Business Interruption Insurance a Good Idea in Norristown, PA?
After a catastrophe, you may have to close your business to make repairs or rebuild. Pennsylvania has had a number of disasters in recent history that caused widespread damage.
Recent federally-declared disasters in Pennsylvania include:
- Severe storms and flooding in 2018, 2016, and 2011
- Severe winter storms and snowstorms in 2016, 2014, and 2010
- Tornadoes and flooding in 2013
- Hurricane Sandy in 2013
- Tropical Storm Lee in 2011
- Hurricane Irene in 2011
Closing your business for several weeks can be financially devastating, even for a successful business. With business interruption insurance, you can continue to pay your regular bills and stay on track financially until you are able to resume normal business operations.
Your agent can help you make decisions about this and many other types of optional insurance policies.
Do Businesses in Norristown Need Worker's Compensation Insurance?
You are required by law to provide your employees with a safe and healthy workplace. Even with all of the appropriate safety measures in place, your employees could still fall victim to an accident or workplace-related illness.
In Pennsylvania, you must carry worker's compensation insurance if you have one or more employees. This important coverage helps your injured or ill employees get the medical care they need to return to work as quickly as possible.
Your worker's compensation rates are based on your business type and the statistical likelihood that one of your employees may be injured on the job. Your agent can help you choose an insurance provider that specializes in helping businesses in your niche get the coverage they need in order to remain in compliance with Pennsylvania's worker's compensation laws.
What about Insurance Products for Employee Benefits Packages?
Providing health insurance subsidies to make your employees' health insurance more affordable is a smart way to attract and retain top talent in Pennsylvania. Even though this type of insurance can be expensive, offering this coverage to your employees has many cost-saving benefits for a company.
You have many options when it comes to life insurance and health insurance for your employees. It can be difficult to choose a policy that has value for your employees and that also has a premium that works with your budget.
Your agent can help you choose the right policy and insurance company so you can reap the rewards of offering a great benefits package to your employees.
Why Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Norristown, PA?
With the right amounts and types of insurance, your business can move forward with confidence. When you work with an independent insurance agent in Norristown, you'll have access to their expertise. Don't trust a search engine bot to recommend the right commercial insurance policies for your business. You deserve one-on-one attention and access to a knowledgeable agent, even after you purchase your business insurance policy.
Contact an independent insurance agent in Norristown today to get started.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2020, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.