Altoona, PA, is rich in railroad history and home to the Mishler Theatre. A candy factory and local landmarks make this town a sight to see.
If you're one of the 44,098 residents in this nostalgic city, you'll likely need car coverage. An independent insurance agent can help find a policy to suit your needs. Connect with a local expert today.
Altoona, PA, Local Crime and Your Car Insurance
Theft rates in Altoona are relatively low compared to the state and national averages. When you're not sure how the local crime will impact your insurance, take a look at the facts:
- National average theft rate: 228.9
- Pennsylvania average theft rate: 102.4
- Altoona average theft rate: 77.6
No matter if you drive a sports car or an ATV, crime will affect your premiums. The higher the crime, the more expensive coverage is. Discuss how the theft in Altoona plays a part in your car insurance.
Altoona, PA, Car Insurance Requirements
Like workers' compensation insurance, car coverage is state-mandated. If you fail to carry an auto policy, you could face a serious penalty. Let's look at what Altoona, PA, requires:
- Minimum liability limits of $15,000 per person
- Minimum liability limits of $30,000 per accident
- Minimum liability limits of $5,000 property damage
Your agent may suggest more coverage. When the average cost of a vehicle is over $36,000, the minimum will barely cover a loss. Connect with your local independent agent to discuss liability options.
Optional Auto Insurance in Altoona, PA
While liability insurance is mandated, there are other coverages. To protect your assets, you may want to consider optional insurance. Let's take a look at additional coverage choices:
- Rental vehicle: This pays for a rental car while a covered auto is repaired or replaced due to a loss.
- Comprehensive: This pays for property damage to your vehicle should you hit an unavoidable object.
- Collision: This will pay for the damage to your car when an at-fault accident with another vehicle or property occurs.
- Gap: This pays for the remaining balance on your car loan if there is a difference in value when a total loss occurs.
- Towing: This will pay for the tow of a scheduled auto.
If you're unsure about the cost of additional coverage, speak with your adviser about bundling. When you bundle auto and home insurance, you save big. Carriers will give a 30% discount on average when you put them with the same company. Speak with your independent agent on more ways to save.
Save on Car Insurance
Our independent agents shop around to find you the best coverage.
Liability Insurance Coverage in Altoona, PA
Liability insurance is one of the most used coverages on your auto policy. To have sufficient limits, you'll want to make sure you're properly protected. Take a look at ways to add liability insurance to your auto policy:
- Increase the current liability limits on your primary auto coverage.
- Obtain umbrella insurance to add another layer of protection.
When a large claim maxes out your underlying auto liability, umbrella insurance will apply with an additional coverage limit. Usually starting at $1,000,000 and going up depending on your assets. Talk with an Altoona independent agent about your liability limits.
The Number of Uninsured Drivers in Altoona, PA
Uninsured drivers can put you and your loved ones in danger. When you have uninsured/underinsured motorists or UM/UIM coverage, you are protected. Let's look at the facts:
- National percentage of uninsured drivers: 13.0%
- Pennsylvania percentage of uninsured drivers: 7.6%
UM/UIM will pay for medical expenses and property damage resulting from a loss with an uninsured driver. Whether you're driving an RV or SUV, UM/UIM is needed. When an uninsured driver is at fault, you'll want your policy to respond. Speak with an independent agent on your UM/UIM coverage.
Work with an Independent Insurance Agent in Altoona, PA
When you work with an Altoona, PA, independent insurance agent, you get the best coverage in town. They have access to dozens of carriers, giving you options.
The fastest way to save on premium, it to have a trusted adviser do the work on your behalf. To get connected with a local expert, use the find-an-agent tool on TrustedChoice.com.
TrustedChoice.com Article | Reviewed by Jeffrey Green
©2021, Consumer Agent Portal, LLC. All rights reserved.